St. Louise de Marillac College of Sorsogon Higher Education Department S.Y: 2011-2012 Secondary Level English 2 Submitted by: Jushabeth G. Garcera BSEd-III Submitted to: Dr. Belen Dominguiano
TIME OBJECTIVES LESSON ACTIVITIES / INTERVENTION APPLICATION FRAME• Enhance their • Tenses • Reading a Selection “The 2 days • Complete each sentences in the comprehension (present and Old Man and His Son” A paragraph with the correct form skills. present Turkish Fable. of the verb in the parenthesis. Be progressive sure that the sentences conform• Identify the tense) • Discussion about the with the time element indicated present and rules. in the first sentence. present progressive • Presentation Drill (the I am watching Pope Paul VI on TV tense. students pick out the right now. He __(proclaim) the glory of correct verb in the Easter. The pontiff __(look) fit and sentences.) rested throughout the marathon celebration. He __(stress) the joy of the Church. He __(baptize) an American fashion designer at this very moment. Tens of thousands of persons in the Basilica __(hold) lighted candles.
• Enhance their • Passive • Reading selection of 2 days • Following the sentences adapted comprehension Voice “Being a Writer” by Elio from a news item. Restate them skills. Vittorini and his into the passive constructions for background. better news reporting.• Use the appropriate • Discussion about the EXAMPLE: Somebody urged the form of the rules. government to ask a third party verb. to help bring the 3 hijackers. • Presentation Drill Constructing sentences ANSWER: The government was about the writer and his urged to ask a third party to help works. bring back the 3 hijackers. The students will give 1. Some officials agreed upon this the correct form of the line of action in a four-hour verb in parenthesis. conference. 2. Somebody did not grant the hijackers political asylum in Libya. 3. Someone allowed the hostages to fly back to Manila.
• Develop their • Intensifier • Read a story about 2 days • The students will read the comprehension s “Childhood in Sulucan” by passage carefully. Using skills. Beinvenido Santos. intensifiers, they will complete the sentences that follow the• Correct use of • Discussion of the lesson. passage. Their choice of intensifiers. intensifier will depend on how • Filling the blanks with the well they understand what they correct intensifiers. have read. (the output will be given)
• Correct use of • Spelling • Before starting the 2 days • Rearrange the letters of the words and proper lesson, have first a underlined words to form enhance their spelling activity to the spelling words. Write the words vocabulary and students. to complete the sentences. comprehension skills. • Group the students to 1. We were pleased that only an have a spelling bee hour had ___ before she arrived. competition. 2. A careful diet will ___ you to be lean. • Make use of jumbled 3. The farmer grew a five-pound words and the students tomato and won the ___. will be the one to arrange the correct word or spelling.
• Use the • Modifiers • Presentation of a chart 1 day • Add the modifiers to the noun appropriate showing the position of and then write the whole phrase. words/modifier Single-Word Modifiers. s. EXAMPLE: 1. cane __ kamagong, dark, his, old. ANSWER: a. his old dark kamagong cane. b. Tatang got his old dark kamagong cane. 1. Girl __ sensitive, a, fifteen-year- old 2. Foot bridge __ bamboo, the short 3. Figure __ a, public, young, Ilocano
• Identifying the • Forming • Pointing out the root 2 days • Fill in each blank with an root words to Descriptiv words in an adjectives. adjective formed out of the form an e And the students will tell italicized word or words. adjective. Modifiers what the prefixes and suffixes were added. EXAMPLE: Father’s enemy had thick lips. ASWER: This thick-lipped man was younger but very ugly. 1. Tandang Jose fell. Sencio rushed to his __ old man. 2. The men were filing their stomachs with wine. These __ men were very noisy. 3. Father would not tolerate such a practice. So, I tried to forget such __ act.
• Use the • Forming • The students will study 2 days • Repeat each sentence, adding a appropriate phrase the position of Phrase prepositional phrase modifier word/s to form modifiers Modifiers from the formed out of the word or words a phrase following example given in parenthesis. modifier. by the teacher. EXAMPLE: Imelda is the rose. (Tacloban) ANSWER: Imelda is the rose from Tacloban. 1. She and her friends bathed in a river. (the house and the sea) 2. They passed coconut groves. (a sloping hillside) 3. She was my granddaughter. (a courageous pioneer)
• Differentiate • Abstract • With the use of 3 A. Identify the following nouns as abstract nouns and paragraph the students days concrete or abstract. and concrete Concrete will pick out the abstract 1. Florist nouns. nouns and concrete nouns.(an 2. Jealousy excerpt of speech) 3. Pessimism Do not talk to me about freedom when hunger is written on the faces of my children. Don’t talk to me of democracy when my children remain out of school. When their stomachs are filled, and when they can go to school, then we can talk: but until then, we have nothing in common.
• Use the • Comparati • Group the class into 2 days • Write on the line the comparative ve and three-Using different comparative and superlative and superlative superlativ pictures, let the groups degree of the following adjective degree of e degree compare one from in the parenthesis. adjective in the of another and let them sentence. adjective. choose the best picture 1. The green dress looks (nice) for them and present it to ___on you than the red one. the class. 2. Among my friends, Diana is the (intelligent) _______. 3. Living in the city is (stressful) ____than living in the province.
• . Rewrite the sentence according• Construct • S-V • Drill exercises. to the directions in the sentence using Agreemen parenthesis. See to it that the correct S-V t verb agrees with subject. Agreement 1. Each of the chairs needs repair. ( change EACH to ALL) 2. Somebody was here before. (change SOMEBODY to FEW) 3. Both of the girls were fifteen. ( change BOTH to NEITHER)