FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS AND (ATTEMPTED) ANSWERS
WHAT IS PERSONAL DIGITAL ARCHIVING?
• Reframing online presence as
• Advising on best practices for
selection and preservation
• Assisting with digitizing,
WHY PERSONAL DIGITAL ARCHIVING?
• Encourage preparation of
“manuscript” materials for
• Raise awareness of digital
• Promote library/archives as a
…Plus it’s my ALI project.
WHO ARE THE KEY PLAYERS?
• The facilitators:
• You, the archivists
• Library staff in related fields
• Volunteer staff
• The audience(s):
• Your institutional community
• The general public
WHEN IS ALL THIS HAPPENING?
• Depends on a number of
• Smaller local events vs. multi-
• Informational vs. Instructional
• Outside experts for speakers?
• Level of advertising/advocacy
• Simpler will happen sooner!
• Aiming for a Sept/Oct UWM
HOW CAN I GET INVOLVED?
• Join the planning committee
• Formality of which TBD
• Suggest some subject
• Host an event at your own
• Suggest some topics!
WHERE CAN I GET MORE INFO?
• NDSA Personal Digital Archiving Site:
• Paradigm Project guidelines for creators of personal archives:
• Personal Digital Archives Conference 2014: