ICT Applied to English Teaching- 2010
Assignment N° 3: Internet Based Project Work
Due date: Week 10 (October 13th 2010)
- To design project work based on Internet software.
- To apply self-assessment and peer-assessment techniques.
TASKS: (Individual or in pairs)
- Think of a possible unit of work (topic based) and the level of the students you
would like to plan this unit for.
- You will now design project work for this unit. Your project will have 3 lessons and
it will include Webquest.
- Make a list of possible websites to be used for the project (respect APA style). Use a
word document to write your plan. Write a brief evaluation of the websites you have
chosen using the guidelines suggested by Dudeney & Hockly (2007) How to Teach
English with Technology (p.34)
- Plan the 3 lessons respecting the “Warmer, Web, What next” model suggested in the
book (your unit plan should include screenshots of the pages to be used).
- Decide what part of your project will include the Webquest. Select a Webquest
builder and use the guidelines given on page 58 to create it online (make sure your
activities are properly saved in Word first).
- Remember to include the link to your Webquest in your plan.
- Share your work in your profile in the network using Slideshare.
- Exchange your work with a partner (or pair) and write your peer review on their
- Read your peer review, edit your work if necessary and upload your project on
- Write your self assessment in the correspondent forum.
Paula Ledesma – UTN 2010