Be the first to like this
Discussion Question : Loops
Our focus this week is loops.
Select and complete one of the following activities:
Convert the following program from for loop to while loop.
public static void main (String  args)
int sum = 0;
for (int i = 1; i <= 1000; i++)
sum = sum + i;
Compare the efficiency between a for loop and a while loop in the same program. Your program should be able to tell if a for loop is faster than a while-loop at the end of the program. Include the result of your run with the information on which one is faster.
Discussion Question : Three Kinds of Loops
There are 3 kinds of loops—for loop, while loop, and do while loop. Under which circumstances would each kind of loop be more appropriate? Explain your answers using specific examples.
Individual Assignment : Simple Commission Calculation Program Part 2
Modify the Week Two Java™ application using Java™ NetBeans™ IDE to meet these additional and changed business requirements:
• The company has recently changed its total annual compensation policy to improve sales.
• A salesperson will continue to earn a fixed salary of $50,000. The current sales target for every salesperson is $120,000.
• The sales incentive will only start when 80% of the sales target is met. The current commission is 5% of total sales.
• If a salesperson exceeds the sales target, the commission will increase based on an acceleration factor. The acceleration factor is 1.5.
• The application should ask the user to enter annual sales, and it should display the total annual compensation.
• The application should also display a table of potential total annual compensation that the salesperson could have earned, in $5000 increments above the salesperson’s annual sales, until it reaches 50% above the salesperson’s annual sales.