38 Weeks labeled "Week One, Week Two," etc. There a links to products used. Each week includes:
- A phonics word family to introduce, with a word list.
- 10 new weekly sight words to focus on, for a total of 300 for the year
- A reading comprehension strategy to teach for each week, until you hit week 22 (then you review)
- A language arts skill to work on for the week. ( I went through the CCSS and put in all of the major ones that I thought really needed concentrated focus in first grade, in addition to phonics, sight words, and writing.)
- A weekly writing topic. These start with expository writing, then move to opinion, then narrative, with a few "how to" assignments and some letters to write thrown in there as well.
- A science topic
- A social studies topic
- A weekly math skill