URL: http://www.imcpl.org/kids/blog/?p=8844This blog is user friendly for kids, so the students can easily navigate it on their own if need be. Teachers can use the experiments on the blog to do in class with the students.
URL for images: http://education-portal.com/academy/lesson/unbalanced-force-definition-example-quiz.html#lessonURL for video: https://www.khanacademy.org/science/physics/forces-newtons-laws/balanced-unbalanced-forces/v/unbalanced-forces-and-motionThe “balanced forces” image has the website for these images hyperlinked to itThe “unbalanced forces” image has the website for the video hyperlinked to it.
This diagram can be used as a handout in a lesson. The students can work together to find the definitions of each of these main terms. They have the space under the terms to write all the information they think they should include. This diagram can enhance their learning because it is simple and easy to read. It is also something that they can refer back to and easily find what the definitions of these concepts are. The format of this diagram allows for the students to become familiar with these concepts in a way that is easy on the eyes and simple to follow. It can also work as an easy study guide for when they are preparing for a science test.
URL for assignment: http://www.cape.k12.mo.us/blanchard/hicks/news%20pages/Force%20pdf%20files/Marbles%20Challenge.pdfURL for website: http://www.cape.k12.mo.us/blanchard/hicks/news%20pages/scienceforce.htm
Motion and Force
4th Grade Unit
Motion and Force is a topic that can be
effectively taught to students with a technology
portion. Students will be able to develop a
deeper meaning of motion and its several
components if they are offered visuals of how
motion works. Visuals, like videos, that map out
the aspects of force and motion and show how
they work exposes the students to the topic in a
more engaging way.
Activities and online educational games can
provide students with a way to learn about
motion in a very interactive way.
These two topics and other concepts that apply
to them can be somewhat
confusing, therefore, having visual aids can only
help the students understand the subject even
Also, allowing for the students to use the
Smartboard with interactive activities and games
give them a more hands-on way of learning.
• The websites used in this presentation are all
reliable sites that pertain to the topic of force
• The URL’s are given for every website and
image used in this presentation.
• The images and names of sites are hyperlinked
to the actual websites used.
• This blog is set up for kids to
navigate and understand.
• It includes experiments that
students can do in class or
as a homework assignment
that pertain to motion.
• It also includes information
about motion and Newton’s
Three Laws of Motion.
Video on Motion
• This video discusses motion and
• It discusses the topic of motion in
• While the topic is
discussed, images are drawn to
further the explanation.
• This video can allow for the
students to hear about facts of
motion and why these facts are
• It is another way for the topic to
be reinforced so that the students
have an understanding of it.
• National Science Teacher’s Association
– This association provides resources, books and information
to help teachers with science instruction. It includes
experiments and examples of things a teacher can use in
the classroom to teach the topic of motion.
• American Chemical Society
– This society is for teachers and students looking for
resources on any topic of science. This website has a
section strictly for teachers who are looking for new
activities and resources to use. It also contains
games, puzzles and activities for students to explore in
and out of the classroom.
PhET Interactive Stimulations
• This is an organization that
• These stimulations are perfect
visual aids for the students to
understand how exactly force
and motion work.
• This type of lesson is perfect
for visual learners who need to
see, rather than hear, how
force and motion work.
Teaching Material #1
• The Marble Challenge
– This is an experiment group activity where the
students can explore the topic of force and motion
– This worksheet includes directions to an
experiment that can be done in the classroom
– The worksheet also includes open ended
questions to further challenge the students on
what they learned from the group activity
Teaching Material #2
• Study Jams
– This is an activity that can be
done on the Smartboard with
– There are several videos on
force and motion
– There is a small test that the
teacher and students can take
together as a group to test
their knowledge on the topic
– This activity will keep the
students engaged by allowing
them to physically answer the
questions on the Smartboard
Teaching Material #3
• Forces in action
– This is another interactive activity for the students
and teacher to do as a whole group on the
– It’s a visual aid that allows the students to
experiment and change factors to see how it
effects the force of something
– The students can enjoy this activity while also
having an understanding of the topic
Teaching Material #4
• Force and Motion Practice Test Questions
– This is a set of questions on force and motion that
can be used in several different ways
• The teacher can put these questions up on the
Smartboard or projector and have the students answer
them as a class
• The teacher can print these questions out and give it to
the students as a practice test
• The teacher can also print these out and allow the
students to work on them together
• Science Net Links is a website
that has several resources for
teachers to use for science. It
lessons, activities, tools and
other great things that can
make learning science fun.
• This site includes an
experiment the teacher can do
with the students in the class.
This activity will enhance their
understanding of force and
• It also includes this worksheet
that the students can use as
they are doing this activity in
Uses of the Internet: Online Reference
• As simple of a resource as
dictionary.com is, it can be useful
to make sure that the students
have the basic information about
force and motion understood.
• The teacher can allow the
students to use this website to
find the definitions of the terms
relating to motion.
• Allowing the students to do this
on their own not only gives them
practice with technology, but it
also gives them more of a
responsibility for learning about
Uses of the Internet: Interactive
• This is a fun game that can
be played to reinforce
gravity and motion.
• The kids can see how
gravity and motion work
together when trying to
beat each level.
• This would be a fantastic
game to play during indoor
recess or free time in the
• This is a search engine for kids
to use to find information on
force and motion.
• The teacher can involve
students by allowing them to
explore this site while in the
• This will teach students that
they can easily find
information on their topic
• This is an online network
where the teachers and
students can be connected in
and out of school.
• The teacher and students can
share information about force
and motion on this website.
• Having the students try to post
information to share on this
website could be a homework
assignment as well.