Eye For An Eye Opening
After we had come up with the location ideas for our opening plans, we had to change the actors
for our film therefore for some scenes we had to change the location in which we were going to
film with the new actors. Because of this, we had to write up our new location ideas.
Location plans for our previous ideas
1. Photo of Alice and mum when she was a baby before she was abandoned (keeps coming back to
burning photo throughout – photo burning slowly) – Burn the photo in the middle to show
separation so the flames go outwards.
2. Show state of Alice’s bedroom – a dark simple room with no personal belongings
3. Show Alice applying for nanny job
5. Show Alice walking down the street and arriving at a house for interview
6. Jenny opens the door and welcomes her warmly, show colourful garden
7. End of credits with John running in and the photo finishes burning
1. Alice is holding the photo (only show shot of her hand holding the photo). She sets it on fire, holds
it until its half burnt and throws it into the gravel.
4. The title comes up on a faded in black screen and then fades out to the next shot
5. Heather’s front door and garden
6. Jenny opens the door and it shows the front garden so it suggests the family is lively and
New and improved Location plans
1. Establishing shot will be used to show Alice’s room which is dark
and simple with little personal objects.
2. There is a Slow zoom to Medium shot where Alice would be
shown lying in bed in the dimly lit room while the clock ticks loudly
in the background.
3. There is a close up of her alarm-clock ticking.
4. Extra close-up of the clock.
5. Close-up of Alice picking up her phone with the advert.
6. Point of view shot of Alice reading the text.
7. Fades to a black screen - Credits appear
8. Long shot and 180 degree rule shot of Alice walking down the
9. FLASHBACK - Over the shoulder shot of a carer holding baby Alice
10. Medium shot of Alice from the side walking down the street.
11. FLASHBACK - Medium close-up of Jenny looking out of the
window from the back of her.
12. Medium shot in front of Alice Walking down the street
13. Medium close-up in front of Alice looking up at the Whiteford
14. Medium and Match On Action shot of Alice looking up at the
15. Medium and Point of view shot of the Whiteford family's door.
16. Close-up of Alice's front looking straight in front of her.
17. Medium side shot of Alice knocking on the Whiteford's door.
18. Over the shoulder shot of Jenny greeting Alice.
19. Over the shoulder and shot reverse of Alice talking to Jenny.
20. Fades to black - Credits appear
21. Close up and zoom in of smoke with the title appearing.
Location ideas for the opening:
1. Heather's bedroom - as she shares the bedroom it will look more
realistic that she lives in care
2. Heather's room – Alice(Judy) will lie in her bed
3. Heather's room - Alarm clock on the bedside table
4. Heather's room - Alarm clock on the bedside table
5. Heather's room – Alice(Judy) holds up the phone
6. Heather's room - Phone in Alice's hand
8. Streets around Bearwood/Harborne
9. Classroom in school
10. Streets around BW/H
11. Classroom in school
12. Streets around BW/H
13. Front of Heather's house
14. Front of Heather's house
15. Front of Heather's house
16. Front of Heather's house
17. Heather’s front garden
18. Heather’s front garden
19. Heather’s front garden