1. What is your gender? What is your gender? From the pie chart, we know Male that more males Female answered my questionnaire than females.
2. How old are you?10 9 From my bar 8 chart, more 18-20 year 7 olds 6 Column1 answered my 5 Series 2 questionnaire 4 , showing 3 more younger 2 audiences 1 answered 0 14-17 18-20 21+ than 21+ audiences.
3. Who is your favourite band?• For this question on my questionnaire, I had many mixed bands from the indie genre. Here are the bands that were put down:• Arctic Monkeys, The Maccabees, Mumford & Sons, Bombay Bicycle Club, Noah & the Whale, The Vaccines, Mcfly, Alt-j, Noel Gallagher, You Me At Six.
4. Do you regularly buy music magazines? From the pie chart you can Yes see most people No who filled in my questionnaire Sometimes do buy music magazines regularly.
5. What is the highest amount you would pay for a magazine? From the bar chart £3+ you can see than Series 3 most people would Series 2 pay £2.50 or up to£2.50 Series 1 £3+ for my indie music magazine. £2 0 2 4 6 8 10 12
6. What best colour do you think is associated with ‘indie’? Black Blue White Neutrals 3 3 14 You can see that ‘neutral’ is the best picked colour for the indie genre, helping me with my indie music magazine.
7. How often do you buy your music magazines?The pie chart shows thatmost people who filledin my questionnaireprefer to buy their Weeklymagazines Fortnightlyweekly, instead of every Monthlyfortnight or everymonth.
8. What three words do you associate with ‘indie’?• There were many words that were put down for this question on my questionnaire, they were:• Cool, Individual, Independent, Original, Indep endence, Hipster, Knitwear, Bands, Different, Guitar, Natural, Jumpers, Hair.
9. What do you like to see on a double page spread? 10From my bar chart 9the results show 8that people prefer 7band reviews than 6band interviews or 5 Series 1featured articles. 4 Series 2 Series 3 3 2 1 0 Band Interview Band Review Feautured article on band
10. Which is your favourite magazine from the choice below? NME Q MOJO Other From the results above, most people from the questionnaire prefer ‘Q’ magazine in comparison to the other magazines listed.
11. How many indie bands/festivals have you seen live in the past? From the pie chart you can see most 01-Mar 1-3 people had 04-Aug only seen 1-3 4-8 9+ indie bands/festival s in their life so far.
12. What do you usually like in a music magazine?12 You can tell from10 the results of this 8 bar chart that Posters are what 6 people want to see 4 Series 1 in a music 2 Series 2 magazine, followed by brand new 0 Series 3 bands/artists into the indie industry.
13. What appeals to you most on the front cover of a music magazine? Bold Title Main Subsidiary Central Image Image From my results of this question I found that the main central image is what attracts most audiences on the front cover of a music magazine.
14. What appeals to you most aboutthe main central image on the front cover? You can see in my pie chart that the result to this Direct Address question is Close up/med shot that most people are Effective colour appealed to the direct address of the band/artist on the cover that actually sells the magazine itself.
15. What indie bands/singers do you dislike?• From this question I found mixed responses from the different artists/bands that were written down on the questionnaire.• The Maccabees, Biffy Clyro, Mumford & Sons, Noah & the Whale, The xx.• This is useful to me and my indie music magazine as I know what people want within the magazine and what people don’t.
16. What images would you associate with ‘indie’?• From this question I also got various ideas of what people associate with the indie genre, some music related and some not.• Fashion, triangles, nature, colour, guitars.• This will help me when it comes to my indie music magazine with what to include which will relate to people.