identifying the conventions
• Twitter is a very social and well known
that has rapidly gained worldwide
popularity, with 500 million registered
users in 2012, who posted 340 million
tweets per day. This shows how well
known they are.
• There’s 140 characters limit for those
who tweet so therefore they can only
write a short paragraph.
• There’s hashtags this is categories the
status by topics. Twitter also gives
people a list on what’s trending the
most on twitter.
• Twitter also has direct messages, they
direct message can only be sent to
people who follow each other.
• There's retweets this is a sharing content that can show people who don’t
follow you your tweet by showing it on the person who don’t follows you
• There’s following and followers, these people are the only people who can
see the tweets you tweet.
• There’s an activities page to show what activities that are currently
happening on twitter.
• The @ sign is what people have to do when writing to someone on twitter
by writing the username with it.
• Notifications is what people use to notify people. Twitter is a very good way
to communicate with people from different places, it is a very worldwide
social network. It’s also a very fast way to find out what’s happening in
different places, as people always tweet when something's happen.
• The sight can help people witness things very easily and it also can give out
Identifying the conventions
• Form: micro blogging social network
• Structure:140 characters,status,retweet
• content: individual’s expression
• Technical conventions: see previous slide,
• Mode of address: depends on individual source-