What is radio broadcasting?
Radio broadcasting is a one-way wireless broadcast over radio
waves planned to reach a wide viewers. Also that the station can
be can be connected to a radio systems to broadcast a public radio
format, either in broadcast syndication or simulcast or both.
Public Service Broadcasting (the BBC)
• Public broadcasting is a type radio that includes , television
and other electronic media outlets whose main work is
public service. Public broadcasters accept capital from
various causes including license fees, distinct helps, open
backing and marketable supporting.
Digital radio station
• In the United Kingdom, the roll-out of digital radio is
happening since business test broadcasts were started by
the BBC in 1990 followed by a public introduction in
September 1995. The UK currently has the world's biggest
digital radio network, with 103 transmitters, two national
DAB companies and 48 local and regional DAB companies
broadcasting over 250 commercial and 34 BBC radio stations
across the UK and in the capital as well.
The BBC radio World Service
• The BBC World Service is the world's largest international
broadcaster, broadcasting news, speech and discussions in 28
languages[ to many parts of the world on analogue and digital
shortwave platforms, internet streaming, podcasting, satellite, FM and
MW relays. The World Service was reported to have reached 188
million people a week on average in June 2009. It does not carry
advertising, and the English language service broadcasts 24 hours a
• The World Service is currently funded by grant-in-aid through the
Foreign and Commonwealth Office of the British Government,[however
from 2014, it will be funded by the compulsory television licence fee
levied on every household in the United Kingdom using a television to
watch broadcast programmes.
The Licence Fee for the BBC
• Well for the licence fee to the BBC radio actually cost less
and that is because most people don’t hear the radios on
tele or outside and the reason that most people do that so
that they can save money to pay bills, pay their rents and
more. This shows how much it cost to listen to the Radio per
week or month:
• £2.11 per month per household and also that it shows that if
you spend a lot per month then the total that has been
spend will £604 million so around 17%
The advantages licence fee for the radio
• The advantages of the licence fee for the radio is that
you get hear the radio in free view.
• You get to listen different types of radios
• You some times get to pay less.
• The annual television & radio license varies in price
depending on which state they will have.
• And lastly sometimes the radio station some times cost
to pay the license fee but it depends on how much
radio do you listen.
What else does the BBC radio own?
They have their own TV channels
They have their own radios
They have their own interactive sites which means a web
And lastly they have a BBC Iplayer so they if there is any
channels that you have missed you get to catch up to see these