Final Cut Pro was the program used to edit all of our film. The program was+ completely new to me when we started editing, so I learnt along the way, and by the end I even knew shortcuts along will all the aspects of Final Cut. We faced many problems whilst working with this program. The biggest problem was the issue of our files ‘going offline,’ and not being able to reconnect them. Meaning we had to upload the lost files off the camera, and repeat the process. This meant wasting precious time that we could have used for editing or making our soundtrack. Some of the clips had a problem with the sound volume of certain actor’s voices, which couldn’t be resolved by heightening the noise bar. This could have been resolved if we’d used a microphone whilst filming, but one was not available to us. Final Cut Pro has a large amount of effects and transitions that can deeply improve your film if choosing the correct one, this meant we had a lot of choice as to which one suited a certain part of the film better. As we chose to have a black and white film, Final Cut Pro made it very easy in which to create this, the effect was called ‘desaturate.’ For the one flashback scene we have used the effect ‘sepia,’ to represent a change in time period, so it’s obvious it is indeed a flashback. The transitions we used for the clips were called the ‘fade in and fade out dissolve’ and the ‘cross dissolve.’ These were subtle transitions that worked well as we didn’t want really obvious ones. For our flashback scene we made the duration of that transition much longer as we wanted it to be perfectly clear the scene was changing to a flash back. We used a ‘cross fade’ for the music, so there was a subtle ending to the music to start the next scene. As we re-filmed certain scenes, the lighting differed from the rest of the filming we’d done in that scene. This was adjusted by toning down the clips that appeared too bright next to the new clip.
+ We used GarageBand to create all of our sound effects and music in the film. It was simple and easy to use as I was already familiar with the program, from using it previously in college and at home, mostly as a recording device. It offers a wide range of different effects and sounds, from screams to a creaking door noise effect. The music and sounds were not difficult to find, as we knew the type of sound we wanted, and looked for that directly. We repeated a soundtrack that we made in GarageBand for several different scenes, which is something done in professional film production. We also used it to record the two soliloquies in our film. To make a GarageBand recording or track into an mp3 file was a quick and easy task, done by just exporting the file into an mp3 file, then it can be crossed over and used in Final Cut Pro. The version of GarageBand used to edit our film is the latest version. I used an older version of the program to produce my radio trailer for the film. I thought this was going to be an issue, but it wasn’t as it still offered enough sounds and effects that were required. I recorded my voice using a voice project, then saved it as an mp3 file, which was then added to the soundtrack of my radio trailer. I added the ‘radio effect’ to my voice, which was a huge help with wanting it to sound as realistic as possible.
+This was how theimage looked before Iedited it usingPhotoshop. I beganby adjusting thecontrast of thepicture, but thatwasn’t quite theeffect I wanted. I thenstarted to adjust thecolour altogether, Ibegan with black andwhite, and then sepia.I preferred the blackand white effect. Asthe film is aboutmurder and betrayal, Iwanted the filmposter to representthis by the choice ofcolour.
I looked at many filmposters, and I decided It was difficult deciding +I definitely wanted to what colour I should choose for my captionsinclude captions fromwell known media text, as I didn’t want itproducers, such as to clash or be too tonally‘The Gazette’ and similar to the background.‘Empire’ magazine.Including ratings onyour poster makes it I used a simple squareseem more realistic, as shape over the centremost film posters do of my poster, this wasinclude this aspect. so the writing was clearThe title of the film as the background‘Stake Out’ needed to I’ve used is a busybe the biggest aspect image. I made the imageof the poster, so I transparent, so youcentered it, and used could still see thethe signature font, background image.‘cracked,’ so it wasrecognisable to our I didn’t havefilm. The tagline to edit any ofrepresents the these usingcharacter who is the Photoshop, as theykiller in the film. Which were already theimmediately makes it correct size andobvious of the genre colour etc.and theme of the film.
+ PowerPoint has been a crucial part of my blog work, as it offers a simple and effective way to present a lot of information, in the form of images or text. Slideshare is the website where you can share your PowerPoint presentations, and embed them onto your blog. Soundcloud was the website used to upload my radio trailer, and then embed onto my blog.