Life cycle of a film
The life cycle of a film involves three key stages.
• What order do they occur?
• What do you think happens at each stage?
Mind map your ideas
The production stage covers from the initial idea through
This is the most exciting and creative stage.
• Securing finance
• Securing cast, crew, production company and facilities
• Pre-production (planning stage)
Is the final stage.
This relates to how the audience is able to access
the final film. It may be exhibited in cinemas, on
DVD/Blue ray or streamed etc.
What do you think happens at the middle stage
Do some research using the internet.
What does distribution involve?
Can you find an example of a distribution company?
What films or production companies are they connected to?
Choose 2 from each list
A field in England
Ides of March
Dead mans shoes
Only God forgives
Title sequence institution research
• How much money did the film make?
• Who is the target audience?
• Who distributed the film?
• Was it distributed by an independent or main stream distribution
• What other films have they distributed?
Film and upload a Vlog:
What distribution company would you choose to distribute your film?
Explain why (consider, target audience, budget, marketing ploys you might
want to use and the previous films that they have distributed)
What is censorship and why is it
• Who are the BBFC and what are their role?
• Decide on (and justify) a classification for your