Submitted To:- Submitted By:-
Dr. Abhishek Raizada’s Pradeep Kumar Tiwari
Bata India is the largest retailer and leading manufacturer of footwear and is a part of the bata
shoe organization. Incorporated as bata shoe company pvt . Ltd. In 1931,the company was set
up initally as a small operation in konnagar (near kolkata) in 1932. The company went public in
1973 when it change its name to bata india ltd. Today ,bata india has established itself as india
largest footwear retailer.The company also operate a lare non-retail distribution network
through its urban wholesale division and caters to millions of cutomers through over 30,000
BATA india ltd. Is engaged in the business of manufacturing and accessories through its retail
and wholesale network.the company operates in two segments -1.footwear & 2. accessories
and investment in joint venture for surplus property development. its product include leather
footwear ,rubber/convas footwear & plastic footwear.
1. Recent merger between addidas and reebok
2. Use of leather to make shoe by bata (red tape)
3. Leaser demand for sport shoes in india
1. Maeginal share of 2.44 % in globle trade worth us$m97.606 billion
2.Estimated target of 12 billion $($7billion for export & $5billion from domestic)
3. Growing middle class and growing buyer leading customers to look for branded
1. Lifestyle trends-upward shift
2.Consumer attitude and opinions changing favourably towards branded shoes
1.Competing technology development
2.Consumer buying mechanisms
PRODUCT & SERVICES
• Qualified and enthusiastic salesualified and enthusiastic sales associates who take customers’ satisfaction to heart.satisfaction to heart.
• Bata Collections target a wide range of customers and offer an excellent price-quality
CLEAR PRODUCT MERCHANDISING
• Easy-to-shop store layouts with clear product displays by category and by style.
GUARNTEED CUSTOMER SATISFACTION
Accept any defective item for repair, refund or exchange at any retail location within the
country of original purchase. Requests for refund or exchange should be made within 30 days
STP (for kids )
• Kids up to 14 years of age.
Casual: Bubble Gummer
Kids of middle & upper class families.
• Superior quality
School Shoes: North Star & Tiger
up to 14 years of age
• Children of lower middle class to upper class families
STP( for men product)
Men above 14 years of age.
Target Wear: Formal
Its main target is high school students to working executives.
Economic Status Brand/s
Upper Bata, Hush puppies, Lee cooper
Upper Middle Bata, I D
Middle Bata, North Star
1. All brands are positioned as comfortable and durable.
2. Brands for Upper middle class and above are positioned as shoes looking elegance & class,
having new technology, more comfortable finishing and better material.
STP (for women product)
Women above 14 years of age belonging to the social class & quot; middle class and above &
It is targeted for adult students and working women.
All brands are positioned as comfortable, durable, trendy and modern.