CREATIVE & INNOVATIVE HR PRACTICES AT MANUFACTURING
1. Innovative HR practices build competencies and capabilities
for superior and winning performances and simultaneously
create long term fertility for innovation of business ideas and
strategies for future.
2. Employees who go the extra mile by performing
spontaneous behaviors that go beyond their role
prescriptions are especially valued by the management.
COMPANY HR PRACTICES
BIRLA 3M 1. They encourage Two-way communication. They have something called
"Between us". Once in six months, the MD and the HR head go to all the
2. The MD talks about the business and request the people's involvement in
fulfilling the organization's dreams.
3. Employees can express themselves on whatever issues they have with
regard to work. If there are sensitive issues, which they don't want to
discuss openly, they can write and give those without their names.
1. Every four months they conduct an employee survey where all our
employees provide feedback at workplace. It also reveals whether they
feels that his supervisor takes interest in his/her development, has he/she
received any word of praise from the boss for a good job done and so on.
2. We do succession planning for individuals wherein we identify the best
talents – the top ten people. We also identify our bottom ten people, who
are asked to pull up their socks and improve.
Employee recognition can be possible by two ways
With No Cost
With minor to moderate cost
◦ Employee Recognition Ideas (no cost)
Make a thank you card
Establish a "Behind the Scenes" award
Recognize employees who actively serve the community.
Plan a surprise achievement celebration for an employee or group of employees.
Greet employees by name.
Acknowledge and celebrate birthdays.
◦ Employee Recognition Ideas (minor to
Plan a surprise picnic.
Create a Hall of fame wall with photos of outstanding employees
Make a photo collage about a successful project that shows the
people that worked on it.
Make and deliver a fruit basket.
Inscribe a favorite book.
One a year, have a "Staff Appreciation Day"
Have weekly breakfast with group of employees.
1. Our center values and invests in learning and development for all staff ___ ___
2. Our center eliminates barriers to staff performance ___ ___
3. Our center annually plans for innovation and growth ___ ___
4. Our center has a leadership program for staff ___ ___
5. Our center has a succession plan in place ___ ___
6. Our center engages in continuous improvement in its operations ___ ___
7. Our center has good communication among its staff ___ ___
The US $6 billion Mahindra Group is among the top 10
industrial houses in India.
Mahindra& Mahindra is the only Indian company among
the top tractor brands in the world
Mahindra’s Farm Equipment Sector has recently won the
Japan Quality Medal, the only tractor company
worldwide to be bestowed this honour.
Mahindra is the market leader in multi-utility vehicles in
India. It made a milestone entry into the passenger car
segment with the Logan
Manpower Planning and Recruitment
Joining and Induction
Probation and Confirmation
Transfers and Promotion
Performance Management System
Training and Development
Employee Separation Policy
1. Manpower planning and recruitment
It is observed that only 5% of employees are satisfied with present policy
95% of the employees did not feel comfortable with manpower planning and
2. Joining and induction program
90% of employees are satisfied about the present policy of joining and induction
3. Probation and confirmation policy
More than 95% of the employees feel that time limit given is excellent and only
5% feel that the policy is fair
4.Performance management system
On analysis, it is observed that about 2% of the employees feel that is excellent.
Nearly 18% employees feel that the system is fair whereas remaining majority of
80% chunk of the employees expressed a need of some improvement in the
The success of implementation of programme
depends upon the motivation and willingness of the
HR purpose statement of the company is to create a
culture of sustained business out-
performance, accompanied by extreme care for all
stakeholders-starting with customers and
The company’s HRD policy are respect people, look
upon a person as individual who is constantly
changing, value to interpersonal relationship and
team work, discipline and rules and regulations, do
not go away from
conflicts, differences, compensation.