Brijmohan Lall Munjal
) is an
first generation entrepreneur and
is one of the richest people in
• Annual income INR 11.71 crore.
• The founder of the $3.2 billion
• Brijmohan Lall Munjal was born in
1923, district Toba Tek Singh in
unpartitioned Punjab, British India.
• After completing his formal education he
worked at the Army Ordnance
Factory, before moving his base to India
• Brijmohan along with his elder brothers
Dayanand Munjal, Satyanand Munjal and
his younger brother Om Prakash Munjal
initially started a business by supplying
components to manufacturers of bicycles
in and around Amritsar. After the
partition in 1947 the Munjal family
completely shifted their base from
Pakistan to Ludhiana.
•In 1956, the Punjab Government issued
tender notices for twelve new industrial
licenses to make bicycles in Ludhiana.
• Brijmohan Lall Munjal and his brothers
participated in the bid and won the
• Hero Cycles was registered as a largescale industrial unit. The capital was partly
financed by the Government of Punjab.
• Under his leadership Hero Cycles was
the first company to export bicycles
in large scale.
• In 1975 they had earned the
distinction of Largest bicycle
manufactures in India.
• By 1986 Hero Cycles Limited entered
the Guinness Book of Records as the
largest manufacturers of bicycles in
• Before entering into a joint venture with
Honda Motors, Dr. Munjal started the
Majestic Auto Limited and started
manufacturing Hero Majestic Moped.
• To manufacture motor cycles in 1984 the
Hero Group started a joint venture with
Hero Honda and established a plant at
• Hero Group expanded so big that by 2002
they had sold 8.6 million Bikes producing
16000 motorcycles in a day.
JV broke up in Aug 2011 Hero paid
$1billion to Honda For 26% Stake.
Hero Registered with new name Hero
On July 1, 2013, Hero MotoCorp, acquired
49.2% stake of ERIKBUELL RACING for $25
million from Harley davidson.
Awarded Businessman of the Year in 1994 by
business magazine "Business India"
In 1999 Featured in Most Admired CEO List of the
magazine "Business Barons".
Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the year in 2001.
Received The Lifetime Achievement award for
"Management" from All India Management
Association in 2003.
Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi conferred him
with a Doctorate; degree of "Doctors of letters"
Honoris Causa in October 2004.
•Awarded "Padma Bhushan"in March 2005 for his
contribution to Trade and Industry in 2005.
•Lifetime Achievement Award by TERI in 2011
•Lifetime Achievement Award by Ernst & Young in
•Lifetime Contribution Award by All India
Management Association in 2011 (20/04/11).
•Doctor of Science (Honoris Causa) by IIT, Kharagpur
in 2011 (22/08/11).
•Lifetime Achievement For The Asia Pacific
Entrepreneurship in 2011 (11/11/11).
•Awards by Enterprise Asia in 2011.
• Jeffrey Preston "Jeff" Bezos (/ˈ
January 12, 1964) is an American internet
entrepreneur and investor. He is a technology
entrepreneur who has played a key role in the
growth of e-commerce as the founder and
CEO of Amazon.com, an online merchant of
books and later of a wide variety of products.
Under his guidance, Amazon.com became the
largest retailer on the World Wide Web and a
top model for Internet sales. In 2013, Bezos
purchased The Washington Post newspaper.
Early life and personal
Bezos was born Jeffrey Preston Jorgensen in
Albuquerque, New Mexico. Bezos often
showed intense scientific interests. He rigged
an electric alarm to keep his younger siblings
out of his room. While in high school, he
attended the Student Science Training
Program at the University of Florida. He
attended Princeton University with a Bachelor
of Science in Engineering.
• After graduating from Princeton in
1986, Bezos worked on Wall Street in the
computer science field. Then he worked
on building a network for international
trade for a company known as Fitel. He
next worked at Bankers Trust, where he
became vice-president. Later on he also
worked in computer science for D. E.
Shaw & Co.
Bezos founded Amazon.com in 1994 after
making a cross-country drive from New
York to Seattle. He initially set up the
company in his garage. He had left his
"well-paying job" at a New York City
hedge fund when he "learned about the
rapid growth in Internet use“. According
to Forbes, Amazon's shares "defied
gravity" in 2011, jumping 55% and adding
$6.5 billion to Bezos's net worth. Bezos is
known for his attention to business
• In 2000, Bezos founded Blue Origin, a
human spaceflight startup
company,partially as a result of his
fascination with space travel,including an
early interest in developing "space hotels,
amusement parks and colonies for 2 million
or 3 million people orbiting the Earth."The
company was kept secret for a few years
until it became publicly known only in 2006
when purchasing a sizable aggregation of
land in west Texas for a launch and test
• On August 5, 2013, Bezos announced his
purchase of The Washington Post for
$250 million in cash. The sale is personal
to Bezos. Amazon.com will not be
involved. "This is uncharted terrain," he
told the newspaper, "and it will require
• The Washington Post published a longform profile of Bezos on August
10, 2013, a feature in which Bezos
declined to be interviewed.
• He was named Time magazine's Person of the Year in
• In 2008, he was selected by U.S. News & World Report
as one of America's best leaders.
• Bezos was awarded an honorary doctorate in Science
and Technology from Carnegie Mellon University in
• In 2012, Bezos was named Business person of The Year
• As of August 2013, according to the Bloomberg
Billionaires Index, Bezos is listed as one of the
wealthiest people in the world with an estimated net
worth of $28 billion.
•He was ranked the
second best CEO in the
world by Harvard
Business Review, after
Steve Jobs of Apple.
•America`s Best leader
• Lawrence "Larry" Page (born March 26, 1973)
is an American computer scientistand
Internet entrepreneurwho is the co-founder
of alongside Sergey Brin. On April
4, 2011, Page succeeded Eric Schmidt as the
chief executive officer of Google.As of
2013, Page's personal wealth is estimated to
be US$20.3 billion, ranking him #13 on the
Forbes 400 list of the 400 richest Americans.
• Page is the inventor of PageRank, the
foundation of Google's search ranking
algorithm, and he and Brin own approximately
16 percent of Google's stock.
Early life and education
• Page was born in East Lansing, Michigan, United
• He holds a Bachelor of Science in computer
engineering from the University of Michiganwith
honors and a Master of Science in computer
science from Stanford University.
• While at the University of Michigan, Page created
"an inkjet printer made of LEGO bricks" .
• He became the "first kid in his elementary school
to turn in an assignment from a word processor.
• He said that "from a very early age, I also
realized I wanted to invent things. So I became
really interested in technology and business.
Probably from when I was 12, I knew I was
going to start a company eventually".
• In his research project, nicknamed
"BackRub", he was soon joined by Sergey
Brin, a fellow Stanford Ph.D. student.
• Brin and Page originally met in March 1995
during a spring orientation of new Ph.D.
• Brin, who had already been in the program for two
years, was assigned to show some students,
including Page, around campus, and they later
• , Brin and Page developed the PageRank algorithm,
and realized that it could be used to build a search
engine far superior to existing ones.
• It relied on a new kind of technology that analyzed
the relevance of the back links that connected one
Web page to another.
• In August 1996, the initial version of Google was
made available, still on the Stanford University
• In 1998, Brin and Page founded Google, Inc
• Page ran Google as co-president along with
Brin until 2001 when they hired Eric Schmidt
as Chairman and CEO of Google.
• In January 2011 Google announced that Page
would replace Schmidt as CEO in April the
same year. Both Page and Brin earn an annual
compensation of one dollar.
• On April 4, 2011, Page officially became the
chief executive of Google.
•Page is an
Awards and recognition
• In 2002, Page was named a World Economic Forum
Global Leader for Tomorrow.
• In 2009, Page received an honorary doctorate from
the University of Michigan during graduation
• In 2004 Page and Brin were named "Persons of the
Week" by ABC World News Tonight.
• As of October 2012, the Bloomberg Billionaires
Index lists Page as the 27th richest man in the world
with an estimated net worth of 21.1 billion.