• United Bank was established in 1959.
• First branch was establish at Karachi.
• Union bank was merged as united bank.
• Now it has more then 1300 branches (pak).
• UBL has 15 overseas branches.
• UBL has good track record of fifty six years.
• UBL has assets of over Rs.300 billion.
VISION & MISSION
world class bank
dedicated to excellence
Surpass the expectations of customers and
security to capitals of company and individuals.
Optimize people, processes and technology to deliver
the best possible financial solution.
Become the most sought after investment.
• To open maximum business account.
• Give awareness to people about their services.
• Establish new program to increase of
maximize their profit.
• Develop a trust between customer and bank.
• Develop a good relation between bank and
• Being a financial institution. The UBL is facing the
competition of many commercial banks
National Bank of Pakistan.
Habib Bank Limited.
BOP Bank Limited.
Allied Bank of Pakistan.
Muslim Commercial Bank Limited.
• Target market of UBL depends upon account
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
• Source of new employee:-
Internal source. (Transfer, Promotions)
External source. (Outsourcing Agencies)
• Employment selection process:-
Bachelor degree, Age up to 26 Years, Excellent
Written test of short listed candidates.
Interview conducted by experienced panel.
Appointment letter sent to selected candidate.
• Training and Development:-
Two months training on the job.
Branch manager point out weak areas.
Three training colleges.
Minimum six weeks training.
• UBL appreciate work specialization.
• Rotation of employees in different
departments reduce the productivity.
• Some are good in marketing and some are
good in accounts.
• Small mistake create big problem for BM.
• UBL has different departments for batter and
improved services for customers.
UBL Business Line.
UBL Cash Line.
UBL Credit Cards.
• The SWOT analysis consists of analyzing organizational
strengths and weaknesses, and its environmental
opportunities and threat.
The bank has started ATM facility in most branches
Bank is providing quick credit services to all the
customers at all branches.
Working environment is good.
More then 1300 domestic branches.
Bank is under staff so absence of members create
All the branches are not computerized.
The majority of people are not well aware about
the products and services of UBL.
Absence of members create problem.
• Mobile banking is a concept that was firstly
• UBL should organize trade shows for the
promotion of export.
• Government is taking very bold steps to
promote IT in Pakistan. UBL has an
opportunity to improve in IT day by day.
UBL has many competitors who are continuously
increasing their products.
The political conditions of the country affect the
• The Bank was established since 1959 and has
completed almost 50 years of its life successfully.
• Human resource development needs a lot of
• Staff retirement benefits should be introduced
• Fast communication and transportation facilities
should be provide to sales and marketing staff.
• Physical infrastructure is to be improved.