Security Information and Event
Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), is a
technology that provides real-time analysis of security alerts
generated by network hardware and applications.
Available as software, appliances or managed service, SIEM is also
used to log security data and generate reports for compliance
Regarding cloud security, the key purpose of SIEM is to respond
effectively and in a timely manner to information security threats.
SIEM carries out thorough analysis and continuous monitoring of
all ongoing events.
• Hence, SIEM is necessary because it can be an
automated tool to help an enterprise find
patterns, filter, clean and analyze all the data that
forms the context of a cyber attack. In short,
SIEM protects the IT assets and digital data of
• SIEM is capable of offering an effective and
efficient means to monitor your network round
the clock. Continuous monitoring from SIEM
includes all devices, servers, applications, users
and infrastructure components.
SIEM enables users to achieve:
• Continuous Monitoring for all data centre resources, anywhere in the
• Receiving real-time alerts on security or performance-impacting incidents
• Forensic risk analysis and audits
• Security and event logs for historical analysis
• Automated compliance reporting
• Assure end-user Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
• Instant availability and 24/7 services.
• Freedom from manual reviewing of the compliances. You comply duly with
the regulatory standards, be it PCI, HIPAA, SOX, etc. Easy log management
and compliance monitoring are feasible.
• Vulnerability assessment: You can find loopholes in your security system
before hackers do. And then you can rectify those loopholes to strengthen
your security system.
• Tracking unauthorized changes.
SIEM ensures foolproof network monitoring and security for
cloud network (or non-cloud network) with:
• Automated Compliance
• Low level real-time detection of threats and
• Network, host and policy auditing
• Forensic log management
• Contextual network behaviour analysis
• Executive as well as technical reports
• Risk-oriented security analysis
• Scalable high-performance architecture