Coming into View
Genome Sequencing |Personalized Medicine | Transforming Health Care
The practice and adoption of genomic medicine is
accelerating as technologies improve, costs fall and
new insights drive better patient care. While many
companies are supporting this emerging field, a select
few are providing the unique perspectives and
capabilities to advance progress even faster.
Progress in Action
• NextCODE Health made headlines less than a year ago with its
launch and funding announcement.
• The company quickly gained recognition for its unique
capabilities to address unmet needs in the genomics space
through a massive genomics database that interprets DNA
samples to identify relevant disease markers. (See the
features in Xconomy, Bio-IT World and PLOS Blog.)
• The company was later mentioned in Nature Biotechnology
News for its potential contributions to genome studies by
leveraging reference data from deCODE’s Icelandic database.
• Its rapid trajectory since launch and the utility of its genomic analysis
technology was featured in BioCentury in May, with testimonials from
clinicians using NextCODE capabilities.
• In June, it was featured in a major interview with Bio-IT World, and the
company continues to expand.
• Since then, NextCODE has announced several programs through which
world leaders in genomics research are applying its interpretation and
– A collaboration with the ANZAC Research Institute in Sydney Australia to use
NextCODE’s technology to research a rare disease, X-linked Charcot-Marie-
– And a new program with University College Dublin’s ACoRD to study autism
and rare diseases
As more organizations employ
genomics in major research initiatives,
NextCODE’s interpretation technology will
be an increasingly important asset in
delivering meaningful insights from the
wealth of genomic data being produced.