Computer – Third Prep. – Second term
Representation of data
Youssef wanted to calculate area of a circle so h wrote the following
Const Pi As Single = 3.14
Dim R As Single
Dim Area As Double
R = 1000
Area = Pi * R * R
MsgBox( Area )
1. Youssef used the numeric variable R of type … to store the value ….
2. He used also numeric constant … of the data type single to store the
3. Youssef used the numeric variable … of data type …to store … which
is equal to Pi*R2
4. Numeric variable was declared using the keyword (Dim), the constant
Pi was declared using the keyword ….
1 Single 1000
2 Pi 3.14
3 Area Double
Choose the correct answer:
(Dim, Const, String, Single)
1. Khaled wanted to calculate total grade of a student so he declared
numeric variables using the word…
2. He used a variable of data type …. To store student name.
3. He used a variable of data type… to store the total grade.
1 2 3
Dim String Single
Choose the correct Answer:
1. The numeric variable that stores only whole numbers from 0 – 255
is of data type (Byte – Integer – String)
2. A variable of type (Boolean – Integer – String) stores the values
3. To store a digit with decimal points(fractions) we use a variable of
data type (Integer – Short – Single).
4. To store whole numbers only we use a variable of data type
(Single – Double Integer).
5. One of the variable naming rules is that the name has
( to start with 9Digit – Letter – Any symbol).
6. The word (Dim – Const – End) is used to declare variables.
7. The word (Dim – Const – End) is used to declare constants in a
8. The command (Const/As – Din/As – Try/Catch) to discover
program errors and to deal with it.
9. On executing the equation (4*3+2), the result will be (9 - 20 - 14).
10.The result of the arithmetic operation (2^3+1) is (10 – 16 – 9).
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Byte Boolean Single Integer Letter Dim Const TryCatch 14 9
Put () or (X):
1. Data stores that can change their values during program execution are
called variables ( )
2. Data stores that can change values during program execution are
3. Variable of type integer can store whole numbers from 0 to 255 ( ).
4. Variables of data type byte stores whole numbers from 0 to 255 ( ).
5. Boolean variables stores the values “true” or “false” ( ).
6. To store fractional numeric values we use types Integer or Short ( ).
7. To store numeric values with fractions we use the data types Double
or Single ( ).
8. One of the variable naming rules is to start the name with a letter ( ).
9. The words (Dim, Integer or Double) can be used as variable names
10.The word “Dim” is used to declare variables inside the program ( ).
11.The word “Const” is used to declare constants inside the program ( ).
12.Commands (Try/Catch) are used to discover and deal with program
errors ( ).
13.From Precedence rules is Addition precedes division on program
execution ( ).
14.From Precedence operation is that multiplication operation precedes
subtraction operation on program execution ( ).
15.Executing Brackets precedes other operation on program execution ( ).
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
x x x x x x