1. Improves the Odds forMinoritiesUSA Today’s Experts Says, itwould prove all the naysayers andbigots wrong that a minority cantdo the job.
2. Implementing ObamacareThe president needs timeand a chance to show it willwork. And much of thehealth reform plan wontkick in until after the 2012election.
3. Continuing the EconomicRecoveryConsistency is the key andeconomists say that the slowrecovery needs to stay on track inorder to bring unemploymentdown over the next five years.
4. Restore the Democratic MajorityOnly Democrats like this point,of course, but if Obama can winre-election he will likely havecoattails for other Democrats tograb on to and possibly putNancy Pelosi back in thespeakers chair.
5. End the WarRepublican presidentcontinuing the war on terror inAfghanistan while Obama isstill eager to withdraw troops.
6. Prove Compromise WorksHe came in talking about working inbipartisan manner and only at the end wasObama able to cut a deal with the GOP ontaxes. His success over the next two yearsmight have to be built on more compromise,meaning that greater bipartisanship couldreward him with re-election.
7. Would Help Bill ClintonsComebackObama has practicallymade Clinton a deputypresident on issues likehealthcare and the taxcuts, and further choreswould only help his mostsuccessful comeback.
8. Conservatives Win TooRush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck,Sean Hannity, and Mark Levinwould likely reach historicaudience totals.
9. The Bush FactorJeb Bush, the former Floridagovernor, wont be ready torun for president until 2016.