much alcohol is
in your blood.
It is used by
police to catch
If someone passes out from alcohol poisoning,
make sure they are in a position that they
won’t choke on their vomit.
• If you drink alcohol very quickly, you are more
likely to have a loss of memory.
Symptoms of alcohol poisoning
• Mental confusion, stupor, coma, or person
cannot be woken up.
• Slow breathing (fewer than eight breaths per
• Irregular breathing (10 seconds or more between
• Hypothermia (low body temperature), bluish skin
nausea, fatigue, dry
It is caused by
Cheap alcohol often
gives people a worse
• Alcohol lowers your quality of sleep.
• You don’t dream as much when you are drunk.
Cirrhosis of the liver
Cirrhosis is scarring
of the liver.
It can lead to death.
Alcoholics Anonymous “AA”
AA meetings help
AA members get tokens
showing how long they have
• One person has some marijuana, and wants
the other to smoke. They don’t want to.
• One person is having a “bad trip” on LSD. The
other is trying to help them.
• One person is a grandfather dying of lung
cancer from smoking. The other is a grandson
• What is the group that helps alcoholics?
• What happens in the morning after you drink
• What is a disease you can get from smoking?
• What are two bad effects of marijuana?
• What happens to people who do LSD and
• What is the chemical in cigarettes that makes