1. ProblemDue to current market conditions and layoffs, there is an oversupply of legal service professionals. The market requires an alternative mechanism• to increase consumption of legal services;• for legal service professionals to acquire other necessary business services while conserving cash;• for charitable legal professionals to donate services to the public in a controlled fashion.
2. Solution: Legal ServiceWebsiteUsers can easily find lawyers for routine legal work:•Incorporating a new business•Creating a will or trust•Submitting a patent or trademark application•More services once we expandWere more than just a referral service:Search by service, region, and priceUsers pay for a specific legal service not by the hour, which makes the transaction morestraightforward for the customer.Built-in collaboration tools make communication easy and avoids the need for physicalmeetings: lower cost for both customer and lawyer.We ensure quality for our users:User reviews make finding a trusted lawyer easy.Facebook integration allows users to focus on reviews written by people they know.All money handled by sites built-in escrow service to minimize risk. We provide loans forqualified customers as an additional service.A single standardized retainer makes trying a new lawyer painless compared to the old
3. Business Model• Subscription fees for tiered membership includes access to network attorneys for a fixed number of hours of consultation.• Transaction fees are charged for service provided beyond the basic membership service limits.• Premium service fees are charged for extended document storage, and multiple user access to documents for executors and powers of attorney.
4. Why Were Unique• Secured critical mass of 50 high-quality attorneys in each initial target market• Establishing reputation graph with bi- directional reviews from both sides of verified transaction - clients and attorneys• Providing infrastructure for standard agreements, electronic signatures and
5. Marketing / Sales StrategyPre-launch / BetaTarget: Select university law school students via law clubs & associations Methods of Reaching: Launch party & ContestsTarget: New Law Firms (ie firms with less clientele & need to build awareness) Methods of Reaching: Attain names from publications and industry announcementsLaunchTarget: Independent lawyers and or small sized firms (2 -3) Methods of Reaching: Bar associations and conventions (national & state)Target: Select industry experts (professors, celebrity attorney) for endorsements Methods of Reaching: Personal and school alumni connectionsGeneral MarketingAttorney will be provided with virtual "marketing kit" - QR code, FaceBook link, PDF brochuresGoogle Ads - targeted at only larger citiesReferral incentives - credit points or cashFeedback survey from highest and lowest volume users
6. Competition1. Online Legal Document Serviceshttp://www.legalzoom.com - Well known with a professional website and are actively marketing using major marketing channels such as television.2. Low Cost In-Person Legal Serviceshttp://www.legalgrind.com - Coffee and Counsel. Walk into a coffee shop and order low cost legal services with your coffee. Very convenient, but this chain is only at two locations in California.3. Legal Services on Craigslisthttp://www.craigslist.org/lgl - Although craigslist is well known, it is very unstructured. The customer has to expend a large amount of effort in trying to find the right person and negotiate a price.4. General Barter Service WebsitesGeneral barter services websites are not well known so dont provide too much competition.http://skills2barter.comhttp://www.u-exchange.com/barterserviceshttp://www.barterquest.com