Brand Name: Hajj E. Flemings
Date of Birth: 23 December 1971
Address: 46036 Michigan Avenue #232
Canton, MI 48188
Lawrence Tech University
Masters of Business Administration (MBA) - 2003
Michigan Tech University
Bachelors of Science in Mechanical Engineering (BSME) - 1996
To enable companies, organizations, and people to ulitize
the power of branding to re-think, re-invent, and re-position
themselves to dominate their domain.
Adjunct Lecturer, Michigan Technological University
Personal Branding Curriculum
Author, “The Brand YU Life: Re-Thinking who you
are throught personal brand management”
Founder, Brand Camp University, Personal Branding 2.0
Purchasing Buyer, Ford Motor Company
Hajj is a seasoned branding expert who founded and developed Brand Camp University the
premier personal branding conference and authored 'The Brand YU Life: Re-thinking who you
are through personal Brand Management'. He has been featured on ESPN.com,
BusinessWeek.com, BlackEnterprise.com, various blogs and travels nationally speaking. His
branded clients include NFL athletes, Ford Motor Company, Skechers Footwear, U.S. Depart-
ment of Defense (Telecom Division), General Motors Minority Dealership Association
(GMMDA), and numerous colleges and universities around the nation. His book was selected
as one of Fast Company Magazine 2008 Readers Choice Business Books of the year.
Advisory Boad - Lear/Lawrence Tech University Entrepreneurial Program
Board of Directors - International Detroit Black Expo
2009 Horizon Award (Detroit Regional Chamber of Commerce/Detroit Fusion)
Who’s Who in Black Detroit 2nd and 3rd Edition (2008 and 2009)
Social Networks (Partial List)
Detroit Fusion (Young Professional Group of the Detroit Regional Chamber of Commerce)
Detroit Twitter Group
Lawrence Tech University - Alumni Legends
Words that Describe Me
Creative Thinker, Team Player, Networker, Brand Strategist, Business Developer,
Social Media Advocate, Blogger, Content Creator, Leader, Speaker, Passionate,
Transparent, Winner, and Connected.
The Flemings Group - Canton, MI 01/05-Present
Author / Blogger / Speaker
• Authored the book, “The Brand YU Life”.
• Manage blogs and write content for www.hajjflemings.com.
• Founded Brand Camp University to train people to develop their personal brand.
• Traveled nationally speaking at the top colleges, universities, and corporations including Ford Motor
Company and the Detroit Lions.
Brand Camp University - Canton, MI 05/08-Present
Brand Camp University - Personal Branding 2.0 Conference is an interactive personal branding and
social media conference which combines the best of Web 2.0 with proven brand strategies, providing
attendees with concrete and measurable tactics for growing their personal and professional identity.
Focused on delivering value to individuas and companies regardless of their budget, Brand Camp Uni-
versity features keynote speakers, topic driven panels and workshops that provide attendees with the
tools, strategy and inspiration they need to compete in a global economy.
Michigan Technological University - Houghton, MI 01/05- Present
Personal Brand Management, Adjunct Lecturer
• Developed personal brand management textbook,“The Brand YU Life”.
• Developed personal brand management class curriculum for ENT3976.
• Enabled students to develop online personal brand profiles
Ford Motor Company - Dearborn, MI 04/07-Present
North American Purchasing Department
Purchasing Buyer- Exhaust
• Employed cost reduction and effective procurement techniques
with emphasis on leverage buying, negotiation and competitive source development.
• Identified alternatives when faced with a sole source or limited source of exhaust sub-suppliers.
• Developed, Implemented, and managed exhaust commodity strategy including global
• Managed a $10M purchase base for the catalytic converter commoodity.
Ford Motor Company - Livonia, MI
North America Quality Office
Supplier Technical Assistant (STA) Engineer/Quality Engineer
- Supported the launch of 20% of the remanufactured transmissions and engines for
Ford Motor Company.
General Motors - Warren, MI
Chassis Center Engineering Process
Process Engineer/ISO Compliance Coordinator
- Developed and coordinated training for business process work flow for 200
employees within the Chassis department.
DaimlerChrysler Corporation - Detroit, MI
Truck Exhaust Systems - OPD
Exhaust Product Engineer
- Designed, packaged, and released $30M worth of exhaust systems.
Broken Chains Design Group - Canton, MI
- Developed and managed key ad account for clients that appeared in GQ, Men’s
Health, and Detail Magazines.
- Grew client spending of key apparel accounts by 75%.
New Balance Athletic Shoe - Lawrence, MA
Research and Development - Internship
- Developed wear test program for non-running shoe product.
Mavade Footwear - Wixom, MI
Design and Development - Internship
- Designed the Equator cross-training shoe.
Ford Motor Company
Director of Social Media
Dr. Kenneth L. Harris
International Detroit Black Expo
Detroit Regional Chamber of Commerce
Director of Detroit Fusion/Special Projects Coordinator
What Others are saying . . .
“Branding is a powerful force in the world of business and has grown in importance over time. I have
spent my life developing brands and I have found that my business brands can not be separated from
my personal brand. I strongly recommend that every person grab a hold of the concepts identifed in
this book. Hajj has made the process of branding a simple one so that people can effectively develop
their brand and live their dreams.”
Robert L. Johnson
Owner, NBA Charlotte Bobcats
“Hajj did an outstanding job serving as the keynote speaker for the DAPCEP Open House with an
audience of over 3,500 people. His presentation recevied positive feedback for its creativity and
relevance. I plan to use Hajj Flemings again and would recommend him as a professional.”
Executive Director, Detroit Area Pre-College Engineering Program (DAPCEP)