Pantaloon Retail (India) Limited, is a large Indian retailer, part of the Future
Group, and operates in multiple retail formats in both, value and lifestyle,
segments of the Indian consumer market.
Headquarter in Mumbai.
Pantaloons which was previously controlled by the Future Group has now
been taken over by Aditya Birla Nuvo Limited
• Chain of 72 fashion stores across 35 cities and towns
• Its SCM handles around 30 million SKU’s every day across the country.
• SCM department is awarded the ISO 9001 2000 certificate by Det
• It has its in house as well as out house brands
Supply Chain Flow
In House Brands:
Out House Brands:
• 70% of their business is done by selling their own products
• Remaining 30% includes complete inventories of non
apparels and some apparels brands like UMM, Tommy
Hilfiger ,AND etc.
• Out house brands occupies only 400 sq feet of total floor
place of Pantaloons
• Central warehouse is in Tarapur
• Distribution Centre for Mumbai and Navi Mumbai is situated in
• Distribution Centre Space- 10000 sq feet (approx)
Auto Replenishment System(ARS)
• Automatic purchase order creation and auto
delivery of products directly to the retail
store and warehouse.
• Estimates the need for weekly ordering
• Reduces administrative costs
• Provides flexible reporting
• Simplifies the procurement process
Enterprise Resource Planning
Software that integrates all facets of an operation, including product planning,
development, manufacturing processes, sales and marketing,inventory
control,order tracking etc.
• All the sales data generated in a day is uploaded into SAP overnight,
automatically updating the inventory movement and financial changes.
• It is not only able to handle retail functionality but has also generated 50 lakh
purchase orders with SAP, and are exclusively paying all our vendors only
through SAP interfacing with 167 banks.
Minimum Base Quantity
• Also known as Base Stock refers to the minimum level of
stock the retailer plans to carry in a store.
• The Base stock figures are flexible and may change on
basis of the seasons.
• Back up stock- it stores stock for 7 weeks
– Eg :If MBQ for the product is 6 pieces, then the back up
stock will be 6*7 weeks i.e 42 pieces.
• Organizing shelves, removing expired products, building
• Acts as the core team for all the Outlets.
• Decides different apparels for different region or area
– Eg: Clothes that may be displayed in Vashi or
Ghatkopar area may differ from apparels at South
• Inhouse stock is replenished thrice a week on average,
whereas outhouse stock is replenished once in 2 weeks.
• Pricing varies in different stores, though in Mumbai it is all
d same(exception Vashi).
• Outhouse brands are directly supplied to the stores.
• The entire ordering of new items is done by the
• Pantaloons Retail (India) has piloted an RFID
project at one its warehouses in Tarapur using
1,000 RFID tags.
• Got rid of human intervention, tracking
reverse logistics & traceability of varied
Products in the supply chain.
• Had drawbacks because RFID tags should be
used for products which were used up on a
regular basis and not on seasonal basis.
• Inhouse Brands:
– Stock is sent back to the distribution channel
• Out house brands:
– Debit note is issued against the vendor stating the
quantity of defective goods returned and the
amount to be returned to purchaser.
Customer relationship Management
• To survive in the tough competition Pantaloons
uses different strategies to attract the customers
and to retain them.
– Gift vouchers
– Customer Loyalty Programs etc.