Cross-functional teams solve challenging problems faster by employing multi-disciplinary approach and delivering business value early and often. The fact that multi-disciplinary team members work on the same problem at the same time brings a number of advantages, of which speed of delivery and product quality are most important. The ability to listen and consider other viewpoints is a key to understanding tough problems and when applied properly, the results can be spectacular!
In this 60-minute session, we’re going to explore the benefits of cross-functional teams and look at how Product Managers can employ cross-functional teams to drive business value. We will look at key aspects of successful cross-functional teams such as:
How cross-functional teams maximize business value
* Alignment of business goals and return on investment
* How to assemble a cross-functional team
* Technology and the stack – no need to be an expert, but an understanding of the stack can help balance the business with the technical stories
* Driving user experience – here again, the PM is not a UI/UX designer, but someone who has the final say of the overall direction or “feel” of the product
* Diving the work among the x-functional team
* Epic and story definition when working with cross-functional teams
* Tracking progress
* How to prioritize features based on a technology stack
We’re going to look at ways to recruit and retain cross-functional talent and some of the organizational challenges that can arise as a result of this new team structure.
The audience of product managers, product owners, executives, technical managers and recruiting managers will learn what makes cross-functional teams successful, look at industry best practices and apply these strategies in their own organizations.