Rare Historical Photos
- 12. Martin Luther King Jr with his son by his side removing a burnt cross from his front yard 1960
- 14. A penniless mother hides
her face in shame after
putting her children for
sale Chicago 1948
- 19. A beautiful suicide – 23 year-old
Evelyn McHale jumped from the
83rd floor of the Empire State
Building and landed on a United
Nations limousine, 1947
- 20. 5 PM September 3 1967 Sweden changed from driving on the left side to the right the result
- 26. Sailors aboard an Austrian
warship wearing protective
suits and gas masks
during World War I.
- 27. Group of women working on an automobile engine re shortage of men during World War I.
- 28. Howard Carter, an English
archaeologist, examining the opened
sarcophagus of King Tut.
- 30. An American soldier replaces "Adolf-Hitler-Str." sign with a "Roosevelt Blvd" one in Berlin, Germany, 1945.
- 31. American soldiers discover Manet's “In the Conservatory” that was hidden (amongst other Nazi loot) in the
salt mines of Merker, Germany. 1945.
- 32. A different angle of the popular stand off between a man (top left in photo) and a column of Chinese Type 59
tanks (top right in photo) on Tiananmen Square.
- 33. A man on the corner is reading a newspaper which headline reads “Nazi Army Now 75 Miles Away from
Paris”. New York, May 18, 1940.
- 34. Civil rights activist James
Zwerg after being beaten
by a white mob in
Alabama, 1961. (After the
beating he had to wait two
hours for treatment as no
white crew would pick him
- 35. A German Krupp K5 283mm
railway gun firing. It was one of the
most commonly used railway guns
during World War 2 by Germany.
- 36. Hitler inspecting the massive 800mm “Schwerer Gustav” railway gun from afar. It was the largest-calibre rifled
weapon ever used in combat, and fired the heaviest shells of any artillery piece.
- 38. British SAS back from a three month long patrol of North Africa, January 18, 1943.
- 39. A Boeing B-29 Superfortress bomber named “Enola Gay” was the bomber that dropped the “Little Boy”
(nuclear bomb) over Hiroshima.
- 41. A shell shocked reindeer looks on as World War II planes drop bombs on Russia in 1941
- 44. Archduke Franz Ferdinand with his wife on the day they were assassinated in 1914,
an event that helped spark World War I.
- 49. In the aftermath of the D-Day invasion, two boys watch from a hilltop as American soldiers drive through
the town of St. Lo. France, 1944.
- 50. 152 mm Howitzer battery fires during Belorussian Strategic Offensive Operation, 1944.
- 51. Evacuating Saigon, April 30, 1975. An American evacuee punches away a South Vietnamese man for a place on
the last chopper out of the US embassy.
- 52. Corporal Luther E. Boger of US 82nd Airborne Division reading a warning sign, Cologne, Germany, 4 April
- 53. A baby cries at a bombed train station in Shanghai, 1937.
- 54. An RAF Pilot getting a
haircut during a break
- 55. A Panzer III tank crewman surrenders to an advancing Brittish soldier during the Battle of El Alamein, 1942.
- 56. The unbroken seal on King Tut's Tomb. end
cast Rare Historical Photos
images credit www.
Music Jon Bon Jovi Dyin' Aint Much Of Livin'
thanks for watching