Due December 10th - Only 2 weeks!
Worth 10 marks (from a project total 100)
1 Magazine Cover per group needed
The format that this should take is similar to
◦ It should be an extension of your trailer – the genre
should be clear.
◦ the settings and characters must be from your film
(although again they don’t have to be taken directly
from your film).
◦ You must think about what would be appropriate for
the cover of a magazine – regulations are a bit
looser than posters but not much.
◦ Your work must include all the features and
conventions of a film magazine cover, there are
examples saved on the computer desktops to help
Mark Scheme- Level 4
Using IT appropriately for the task set
Showing understanding of conventions of layout and
Showing awareness of the need for variety in fonts
and text size
Accurate use of language and register
Appropriately integrating illustration and text
Framing a shot, including and excluding elements as
Using a variety of shot distances as appropriate
Shooting material appropriate for the task set
Selecting mise-en-scene including colour, figure,
lighting, objects and setting
Manipulating photographs as appropriate to the
context for presentation, including within text, within
particular IT programmes, cropping and resizing
Magazine cover terminology
Masthead – The top of the magazine which
includes the Title, cover price and Tagline.
Tagline – Not all magazines have this, is like
a mission statement summarising the focus
and brand image of the magazine.
Sell Lines or Teasers – These promote the
articles and features in the magazine, the
focus will be on the film featured in the cover
images but additional articles will be
You should produce an A4 cover
Your blog should continue to be used to
track the progress of production, weekly
updates should be continued and any
draft work should be added and
In addition I have set a task for you to
Blog task – genre and influences
How does the cover effectively promote the film?
◦ Describe the cover image. How is it framed? What type
of shot has been used? Describe the lighting and mise en
◦ Discuss the issues of representation and any
connotations of the images
◦ What is the overall effect of the image? How effectively
does it target its audience?
◦ How is the lead article promoted on the cover? What
devices have been used (i.e alliteration, mode of
address) and what effect do they have?
◦ How strongly does the cover focus on the film promoted
by the image, consider the size of the other teasers?
◦ Do the articles and image on the cover enforce or
subvert your expectations of the genre?