• to set targets to work towards improving
• to develop ability to read groups of words
• to practise reading in meaningful phrases
• to become aware of your reading speed in
How fast do you read in
• How many words do you think the average
native speaker can read per minute?
• a) 5000
• b) 300
• c) 800
• d) 500
Your target is 200
• We are going to measure your reading
• Read. Record. Respond.
Reasons for slow reading?
• Long words
• Long sentences
• Inefﬁcient processing skills
Reading and eye movement
• Cover the text with a piece of paper.
• Uncover one line and read it.
• Your partner records the saccades.
• Work out the average.
• There are many ways to categorise blogs.
They can be categorised by media type: a blog
which is made up of videos is called a vlog,
and one which is made up of photos is
called a photoblog.
• They can also be categorised by the device
which is used to compose them so that a blog
written by a mobile device such as a mobile
phone is called a moblog; or they can be
categorised by genre, such as political blogs
or travel blogs