Contents of presentation
lack of it..
Ways to increase
Assumptions and a
What is self-
• Positive perception
• Realistic approach
• Characterized by
optimism, pride, trust, emotional
maturity, accurate assessment.
Lack of self confidence
• Self doubting oneself
• Feeling of inferiority
• Feeling of being unloved
What causes lack of self-
• Negative experiences
• Loss of a close one
• Dwelling unnecessarily on negative events
• Criticizing yourself too harshly
• Evaluating outcomes of situations
• Experiencing too much pressure
• Setting unrealistic goals
• Failure fear!
• Keep confidence, trust others and never
Do you’ve self-confidence?
• You can find out if you have low or high
self-confidence by asking yourself the right
And the questions are…
• Are you eager to learn new things?
• Do you take pride in doing good jobs?
• Can you handle criticism without being
• Is it ok? To win or lose?
• Before you do anything, you think you can
• Think positive
• Reward yourself
• Praise yourself
• Set realistic goals
• Whenever something upsetting or
disappointing occurs, be aware of your
• Give yourself credit
• Don’t attribute your achievement only to
• Approach new experiences as
opportunities to learn
• Learn to be assertive
Assumptions that hinder self-
• ASSUMPTION- “ I must always have
approval from every person in my life.”
• Perfectionist, unattainable goal
• Develop personal standards!
• ASSUMPTION- “My past remains all
important and control my feelings and
behavior in the present.”
• Don’t be helpless in face of your past.
• I've always seen myself as a winner, even
as a kid. If I hadn't, I just might have gone
down the drain a couple of times. I've got
something inside of me, peasant like and
stubborn, and I'm in it 'til the end of the