HopeLab

715 views

Published on

Published in: Health & Medicine, Technology
0 Comments
0 Likes
Statistics
Notes
  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this

No Downloads
Views
Total views
715
On SlideShare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
4
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
2
Comments
0
Likes
0
Embeds 0
No embeds

No notes for slide
  • Remember: Slow and steady, don’t rush Walk then stand, walk then stand – if you want to move, great, but don’t wander on stage
  • 1095 pills, 6MP (3 years’ worth – prescriptions typically 1-3/day, per Gary Dahl)
  • 20% missing (219 pills) from the total 1095 pills from previous slide
  • What Ranjit is NOT about is cancer. One 6MP pill
  • 1095 pills, 6MP (3 years’ worth – prescriptions typically 1-3/day, per Gary Dahl)
  • 20% missing (219 pills) from the total 1095 pills from previous slide
  • [ + 2 seconds] - Explain that cancer experience is captured in game play – you have to stay armed with chemo and blast every cancer cell, even as the divide, multiply and travel through the body, or you can’t win; that’s what happens in real life, and this game gives kids a chance to act out the contingencies of their health behavior in the virtual world
  • Ranjit = rahn-ZHEET
  • Ranjit also wants to travel the world. Note: Photo of Machu Picchu
  • He also wants to write a screenplay and win an Oscar. Note: Red Carpet at Kodak Theatre in Hollywood
  • He dreams of winning nobel prize in Literature. Note: Photo is of nobel prize ceremony
  • Ranjit even wants to be a rock star. Note: R&B singer John Legend is one of his favorite artists; stock photo of concert
  • 1095 pills, 6MP (3 years’ worth – prescriptions typically 1-3/day, per Gary Dahl)
  • 20% missing (219 pills) from the total 1095 pills from previous slide
  • 1095 pills, 6MP (3 years’ worth – prescriptions typically 1-3/day, per Gary Dahl)
  • Description of image: T lymphocytes and cancer cells. Colored scanning electron micrograph (SEM) of T lymphocyte cells (purple) attached to cancer cells. T lymphocytes are a type of white blood cell and one of the components of the body's immune system. They recognize a specific site (antigen) on the surface of cancer cells or pathogens and bind to it. Some T lymphocytes then signal for other immune system cells to eliminate the cell. Cytotoxic T lymphocytes eliminate the cell themselves by releasing a protein that forms pores in the cell's membrane. The genetic changes that cause a cell to become cancerous lead to the presentation of tumor antigens on the cell's surface. Magnification: x1250 at 10 centimeters wide.
  • - identify Pam as HopeLab founder, visionary behind Re-Mission
  • Screenshot (still image)
  • *LIZ: Keep “play” blue (keep in main) “ play” in white Lighten up the words, in b/w obesity and autism opacity. Reorder: Obesity, depression, autism
  • Play may be the most powerful untapped resource in healthcare
  • - Move to next slide (billboard) as soon as you convey “medical treatment has advanced, but we still deliver health messages the same way we have for 100 years”
  • HopeLab

    1. 7. It is really important that you take EVERY LAST ONE of your medications. Every day. Because there are 10 9 cancer cells in your body. Let’s think about how much 10 9 is. That’s 1,000,000,000. Right, a billion! The chemotherapy kill 99% of cancer cells. But that still leaves 1%. How much is 1% of 10 9 ? That’s still 10,000,000. Right, 10 million! So, we need to kill 99% of your cancer cells every single day. For lots of days. For three years, actually. To be sure we killed all those surviving cancer cells. If 1% survive, each day, then it would take several hundred days to kill them all. Because 1% x 1% x 1% and on… 900 times … gets you below 1 cancer cell alive. And if there are no cancer cells alive, then, well, you can stay alive. But if even one cancer cell survives, then it can REGROW THE WHOLE COLONY! That’s right, then you’ll have full-blown cancer again. And we wouldn’t want that. You don’t want that. Your parents don’t want that. Then you’d have to come back to the hospital and take more medications. That’s not fun, is it? So, that’s why it is REALLY REALLY IMPORTANT that you take EVERY LAST ONE Every day, for 900 days. Do you understand? Good. Now repeat what I just said and promise me you’ll be good.
    2. 10. © Juan Pablo Arancibia Medina
    3. 11. Source:www.wikipedia.com
    4. 12. © The Nobel Foundation 2008 Source:www.nobelprize.org
    5. 22. DOES THIS ACTUALLY WORK?
    6. 35. PLAY = HEALTH
    7. 37. CAN A VIDEOGAME CURE CANCER?

    ×