INTERMEDIATE LEVEL. ANSWERS TO EXTRA WORKSHEETS
UNIT 39 TOO/EITHER, SO AM I/NEITHER DO I
39.1 1. too 3. too 5. either 7. too
2. either 4. too 6. either
39.2 1. So did I 7. Neither can I
2. So am I 8. Neither did I
3. So have I 9. Neither have I
4. So do I 10. Neither am I
5. So was I 11. Neither do I
39.3 1. So am I or I’m not
2. So can I or I can’t
3. Neither am I or I am
4. So do I or I don’t
5. Neither do I or I do
6. So did I or I didn’t
7. Neither have I or I have
8. Neither do I or I do
9. So am I or I’m not
10. Neither have I or I have
11. Neither did I or I did
12. So do I or I don’t
UNIT 76 BOTH, EITHER, NEITHER
76.1 1. Both sisters are married.
2. I didn’t like either of them.
3. Both teams played well.
4. Neither team played well.
5. Neither. She’s Australian.
6. It rained on both days.
7. Either. It doesn’t matter which one.
8. but neither of them came.
9. Neither. I always walk.
10. I don’t like either of them.
11. Both. I’ve got a job but I study too.
12. because neither of us had a watch.
76.2 1. Both cups are empty. 76.3 1. Neither of them is married.
2. Both windows are open. 2. Both of them are 21.
3. Neither man is wearing a hat. 3. Both of them are students.
4. Both men have cameras. 4. Neither of them has a car.
5. Both buses go to the airport. 5. Both of them live in London.
6. Neither addition is right. 6. Both of them like fish.
7. Neither of them is interested …
8. Neither of them can play the piano
9. Both of them smoke.