Acceptable use statement: The primary purpose of the Internet is to
support research and education in and among academic institutions in the
U.S. and around the world. Transmission of any material in violation of any
U.S. or state regulation is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to:
copyrighted material, threatening or obscene material, or material protected
by secret trade. The use of the Internet is a privilege, not a right, and
inappropriate use will result in a loss of privilege.
Students using the Internet at Eisenhower Middle School must follow
1. Be polite. Do not abuse others in any message
2. Use appropriate language. No swearing or vulgar language of any kind.
3. Never reveal your personal address or phone number, nor those of any
Eisenhower student or staff member.
4. Remember that E-mail is not guaranteed to be private! Anything you
write can and may be read by others. Instant Messenger is not to be
used by students. Any messages relating to illegal activity may be
reported to the authorities.
5. Vandalism will result in cancellation of privileges! Vandalism id defined
as any malicious attempt to harm or destroy another user, the
Internet, or any agency or network. This also includes the uploading
or creation of computer viruses.
6. There is no downloading of material from the Internet at any time.
7. Pornographic material is strictly forbidden. Students who access
pornographic Internet sites or download pornographic material will
lose all computer privileges and will receive disciplinary consequences,
which may include in or out-of-school suspension.
Failure to follow any of the above guidelines may result in loss of
computer use at Eisenhower, and disciplinary action may be taken!