Barbara A. Peters
198 River Edge Drive
Chatham, NJ 07928
Corporate executive recruiter/ HR Business Partner with consistent experience working for globally-branded, “first in
class” Big 4 Professional Consulting partnerships, Insurance and Financial Service organizations. Focused recruiting
expertise in finance, regulatory and compliance, tax accounting, risk advisory, IT, strategy/operational management
consulting, sales/marketing, insurance and legal professionals.
DELOITTE SERVICES, LP 2006 – 2008
Recruiter (Manager) – Deloitte Consulting/National Insurance practice
Full cycle recruiting for management consultants for national insurance practice. Sourced and recruited candidates
with functional delivery skills in IT strategic systems selection/planning, systems integration, business intelligence,
customer channel and corporate strategy/operations.
• Developed comprehensive recruiting plans for executive level candidates with niche skill sets to meet hiring
needs for $165MM Insurance Practice with over 20 national partners and directors.
• Partnered with practice leadership to help meet business hiring goals which resulted in the practice exceeding
revenue plan by 10%.
• Used creative recruiting strategies using Internet, Web 2.0 networking, targeted research and global candidate
sourcing that resulted in savings in excess of $425,000 in annual recruitment costs.
• Produced national recruiting activities/progress reports; created well-ordered documentation on all candidates,
searches, hiring manager interactions and other recruiting activities to ensure safe and thorough audits, if
ERNST & YOUNG, LLP 2004 –2006
Recruiter (Assistant Director) – Financial Services Advisory Practice
Built standardized recruiting process, as well as developed and managed annual recruiting plans and strategies.
Partnered with practice leadership and Human Resource Directors to improve diversity and selection criteria.
• Managed recruiting efforts for $150MM practice within a highly matrixed, multi-service line advisory
practice. Recruited for operational, credit, technical and quantitative risk advisory consultants. Hired over 35
highly experienced Consultants from limited candidate pool.
• Served as internal business consultant; partnered with practice leadership and Human Resources to analyze
and achieve business hiring needs. Defined measurable objectives and implemented strategies which
contributed to meeting practice revenue plan.
• Previously worked as Recruiting Consultant in TAS Practice. Sourced, assessed and hired Audit and Tax
professionals for national M&A practice. Developed process to identify passive candidates for five regional
practices saving over $185,000. within six months.
TIFFANY & COMPANY 2002 – 2004
Provided personalized shopping support services to customers for high-end purchases.
PRUDENTIAL INSURANCE 1999 - 2002
PAGE 1 OF 2
Barbara Peters 973.665.9156 email@example.com
Staffing/HR Business Partner (Vice President) - Talent Acquisition Group (2001 - 2002) Executive Sourcing
(1999 - 2000)
HR Business Partner and member of senior leadership team responsible for recruiting senior executives and providing
staffing direction and guidance for 5,000 employee national B2B client group. Worked with line management to
model, shape and assess organizational culture that supported achievement of key business objectives. Drove process
redesign and leveraged technologies to enhance Employer of Choice branding image.
• Launched and directed remote recruiting function consolidating five regional offices into one centralized
operations facility. Managed four locations that recruited and hired 500 employees; realized savings in excess of
$200,000 in first year.
• Provided strategic direction for sourcing, employee referral programs and internal job postings that resulted in
filling 1,100 vacancies within one year and increased candidate diversity by 10%.
• Delivered innovative recruiting strategies to fulfill key business objectives in building investment research
franchise talent base that eliminated retained search costs for 30% of hires of top tier talent across multiple
business units. Annual savings exceeded $500,000.
• Partnered with HR leadership to lead pilot “bonus pool” incentive program for Executive level Annuities
Investment group. Converted executive positions to market referenced compensation system through job bench
marking and collaborating with Corporate Compensation.
• Selected for Corporate Staffing Design Task Force. Reengineered corporate HR staffing processes which upgraded
model to a customer-focused service delivery team.
• Boosted customer satisfaction ratings to 90% and reduced hiring cycle times by implementing robust internet
recruiting strategy for internal and external hires. Improved efficiencies from process-driven to customer-focused
corporate talent acquisition/assessment model.
KPMG, LLP 1997 - 1999
Director of Recruiting – Northeast Federal Tax Practices
Created, led and implemented staffing strategies to support practice business plans. Advised and provided hiring
solutions for six geographically dispersed tax practices. Ensured goals of corporate culture and objectives were
achieved while increasing employee retention. Established performance goals and metrics resulting in reduced cycle
times and cost per hire by 10%, while increasing client satisfaction levels.
MUTUAL OF AMERICA, New York, NY 1987 - 1997
Senior Generalist/HR Business Partner (1995 - 1997)
Generalist/Senior Recruiter (1992 - 1995)
Senior Recruiter (1987 - 1992)
Bachelor of Arts in Business Management, Marymount Manhattan College, GPA 3.5
Key Words: Boolean logic, data mining/web searches. Web 2.0, social networking, LinkedIn, Facebook, Blogs,
Twitter, passive candidate development, OFCCP Compliance, Immigration laws. Virtual and on-site environments.
Applicant Tracking Systems, Taleo, Resumix, Ceridian and PeopleSoft. Business partner and problem solver.
PAGE 2 OF 2