INTERMEDIATE LEVEL. EXTRA GRAMMAR UNTI 6
EOI REUS 2009/2010
MINI GRAMMAR: SO/SUCH… THAT
1. My case is so heavy that …
2. It was such a long flight that …
3. There were so many people that …
4. It was such awful weather (U) that …
5. We had so much luggage that …
6. Jim is so selfish that …
7. Jim is such a selfish person that …
8. They were such cheap tickets that …
1. I played so badly (that) I lost 6-0, 6-0.
2. It was such a bad film (that) we left after half an hour.
3. The food was so disgusting (that) nobody could eat it.
4. He made so many mistakes (that) the boss sacked him.
5. It was such beautiful music (that) everyone stopped to listen.
6. They were such good seats (that) we had a perfect view.
EXERCISE C (POSSIBLE ANSWERS)
1. She has so many clothes (that) she never knows what to wear.
2. It was such a hot day (that) we had to put on the air conditioning.
3. I have so much work (that) I can’t go out this evening/weekend.
4. We were so tired (that) we went straight to bed.
5. They were playing such loud music (that) we called the police.