1) Search organic traffic and paid traffic sources
2) The SEO's role and responsibilities
3) Understand user intentions for SEO Strategy Planning
4) SEO Analysis, tools and best practices
1) Traffic sources, user experience and conversions
○ Direct Email Marketing (own database)
○ Direct Email Marketing (third party database)
● Search Engine Organic traffic
○ Pay Per Click (AdWords, Facebook)
○ Display (Banner, Retargeting*)
○ Social (Pay per Tweet)
● Social (Organic Reach Traffic)
○ Other websites, forum, blogs
○ Hub (ex. TripAdvisor)
○ Pay per Visit (ex. pop under, Fulltraffic)
1) All traffic sources
1) What is a search engine?
A. an intelligent software that learns from its users
B. a big data archive
C. a ranking algorithm
D. a company with an aim of gaining a profit
E. a mass media with advertising business model
1) Inside Organic Results...
For each Keyword Google must have
a ranking… and
Nearly 500 Million Searches A Day Are For
Things Google Has Never Heard Of
(it’s 15% )
Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/500m-things-google-has-never-heard-of-2013-
1) New keyword, contest, ranking history
“Bellimbusto” contest was done by SEOTraining, slide curtesy of SEOJedi
1) MOTO GP World Champions… team!
… name one!
Everyone is searching for a good team player but…
what do we need to learn to become one?
SEO is just one member of the web team!