Top 10 Cloud Service Providers Vineet Garg Asst. Professor, MCA email@example.com
Cloud Computing DefinedDynamically scalable shared resources accessed over a network• Only pay for what you use• Shared internally or with other customers• Resources = storage, computing, services, etc.• Internal network or InternetNotes• Similar to Timesharing• Rent IT resources vs. buy• New term – definition still being developed
1. AmazonAmazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) is a web service thatprovides resizable compute capacity in the cloud. It is designed tomake web-scale computing easier for developers.Amazon EC2’s simple web service interface allows you to obtain andconfigure capacity with minimal friction. It provides you with completecontrol of your computing resources and lets you run on Amazon’sproven computing environment. Amazon EC2 reduces the timerequired to obtain and boot new server instances to minutes, allowingyou to quickly scale capacity, both up and down, as your computingrequirements change. Amazon EC2 changes the economics ofcomputing by allowing you to pay only for capacity that you actuallyuse. Amazon EC2 provides developers the tools to build failure resilientapplications and isolate themselves from common failure scenarios.
2. VerizonCloud computing from Verizon and Terremark, a Verizon company, deliverson-demand functionality, helping you accelerate IT innovation and controlCosts for your business.vCloudTM Express:vCloud Express is a flexible, high-performance, pay-as-you-go, computing-ondemand service from Terremark, a Verizon company.Key features include:• Persistent storage (so you don’t lose your server if you power it down).• Fully integrated network, security, and load-balancing features.• An intuitive web console that lets you build and manage your virtual network in just minutes—on-demand and at the click of a button.• The ability to create your own system on blank servers with over 450 compatible operating systems to choose from or use one of our preloaded templates—pricing starts at just 3.7 cents per hour.
3.IBMIBM Smart Cloud:Cloud computing changes the way we think about technology. Cloud isa computing model providing web-based software, middleware andcomputing resources on demand.• Architecture for Private & Hybrid Cloud ( IBM SmartCloud Foundation)• Cloud Computing as Service for IT (IBM SmartCloud Services)• Software as a service (SaaS) business solutions (IBM SmartCloud Solutions)
4. SalesForce.comSalesforce is Indias world class cloud technologycompany that builds your business faster, moresecurely, with greater reliability and constantupgradeability.
5. CSCCSC provides a full life cycle of cloud offerings as part ofits portfolio of extensive professional and outsourcedservices. These offerings are designed to help enterprisestransform and migrate traditional applicationenvironments to work in cloud-based environments aswell as enable provisioning of cloud services as a set of"on-demand" capabilities. These services can support afull range of application environments from database toWeb, mobile, and enterprise applications.
6. RackspaceThe cloud can quickly scale to thousands of servers to makeresources available as theyre needed. Rackspace Cloudhosting customers never need to worry about buying newhardware to meet increasing traffic demands or huge trafficspikes.Rackspace Cloud offers four hosting products:• Cloud Servers™ for on-demand computing Power• Cloud Sites™ for robust web hosting• Cloud Load Balancers for easy, on-demand load balancing and high availability• Cloud Files™ for elastic online file storage and CDN.
7. GoogleGoogle Cloud Connect for Microsoft Office bringscollaborative multi-person editing to the familiar MicrosoftOffice experience. You can share, backup and simultaneouslyedit Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel documentswith coworkers.Google Apps Key features are:• Security first• Stay connected from anywhere• Work better together• Get stuff done faster• Invisible IT that just works• Go Green
8.BluelockBluelock Virtual Datacenters—A cloud hosting solutionWith Bluelock, you’ll find a cloud computing provider who sees yourchallenges. Clearly. Challenges like needing to move quickly. Not knowingexactly what you’ll need and when. And needing to be able to change yourmind later if things don’t go quite as planned–because let’s face it, they neverdo. Bluelock understands what public cloud hosting is really about, and canhelp you begin to take steps forward from today’s datacenter toward a logicalpublic or hybrid cloud business model.Through our deep experience in cloud hosting, we’re proving that bigchallenges can be transformed into real opportunities. As a wellestablished VMware Service Provider, most recently earning the prestigiousVmware provider certification, create secure, reliable Virtual Datacenters(VDCs) that give businesses like yours newfound agility in today’s market.
9. MicrosoftWindows Azure is an open and flexible cloud platform that enablesyou to quickly build, deploy and manage applications across a globalnetwork of Microsoft-managed datacenters. You can build applicationsusing any language, tool or framework. And you can integrate yourpublic cloud applications with your existing IT environment.Key Features:• Always up, Always on• Open• Unlimited servers, Unlimited storage• Powerful Capabilities
10.JoyentSmartMachinesSmartMachines run applications very, very well.SmartMachines come with four very powerful characteristicswhich collectively set them apart from all other cloudcomputing services today, regardless of the operating systemyou choose to run.• Reliability and Resiliency• Performance and Scale• Observability• Security
Flavors of Cloud Computing• SaaS – Software as a Service: Network-hosted application• DaaS – Data as a Service: Customer queries against provider’s database• PaaS– Platform as a Service: Network-hosted software development platform• IaaS – Infrastructure as a Service: Provider hosts customer VMs or provides network storage• IPMaaS – Identity and Policy Management as a Service: Provider manages identity and/or access control policy for customer• NaaS – Network as a Service: Provider offers virtualized networks
Some Service providers forSaaS – Software as a Service
Some Service providers for DaaS – Data as a Service
Some Service providers forPaaS– Platform as a Service
Some Service providers forIaaS – Infrastructure as a Service
Some Service providers forNaaS – Network as a Service
Some Service providers forIPMaaS – Identity and Policy Management as a Service
ThanksFor any query mail me on firstname.lastname@example.org