1. The Steel Claw was one of the most popular comic book heroes of British weekly adventure comics of the 1960s and 1970s. The rights for the series was brought to Kerala by Regal Comics and published from Kottayam in the 1970s and 1980s. The popularity of the series inspired a series published by Achuthan Book House, Palakkad. The books were subtitled "Oru Muzhuneela Chitrakatha". They were very popular in the 1970s but became extinct in the early 80s. The heroes had devices like a "flying belt" or one that helped him become invisible. What Malayalam movie in the 2000s takes its title from the most popular hero of these comics ?
2. DITS is a "cutting edge information Technology company" in Kannur. The parent company of DITS, also based in North Kerala, does something completely different. It is the biggest in its particular sector in India and employs 12000 people directly and one lakh indirectly. Thanks to certain rulings of the country and the modernization of the society, it is facing a crisis. As a result, apart from IT, it has also diversified into umbrellas, food and garments. Id the parent Co
3. Ponnani was recently in news during the LS elections. But in the 1930's a referendum was conducted in Ponnani as directed by Gandhi. As per his instruction, Rajaji and K Sadasiva Rao came to work on this. Kasturba Gandhi came down to assist in the whole process. 77% people voted 'Yes' What was this referendum for?
4. _______ is the family name of a prominent Nair Tharavadu of Kerala, India. The name goes back to antiquity, and historians record that the kingdom in and around the modern-day district of Palakkad was called _______ Swarupam in the 14th and 15th centuries. The family appears to have lost kingly authority thereafter, before the attacks in the area by Tipu Sultan of Mysore, and well before the absorption of the territory by the British into the Madras Presidency in the early 19th century. Fill up
5. The applicants are short listed by a preliminary interview . Out of the short listed candidates, one is selected by a lucky dip. In this process the names of each short listed candidate is written on a piece of paper and folded and deposited in a pot. Another ten pieces of paper are taken and on one paper the word 'X' is written and the remaining 9 papers are folded blank and dropped in another pot. After prayers, a child is made to take the papers from both the pots one by one. When a name and a blank paper match the candidate is rejected. When a name and the word 'X' matches the candidate is selected and he will hold the position for one year. Then a similar exercise is done for another post which is closely associated with the first one. What is being described here?
6. After one harvest he was left with lots of paddy which was more than his requirement. So he decided to take it to Kochi and sell it. He arrived with two boats of rice but wasn’t allowed to sell since they suspected the rice to be infected with some virus and didnt want to spread a pandemic. He was asked to pay bribe, to which he objected.There was a standoff and he reacted by burning the whole rice there. The incident made him a celebrity overnight , the news reached Queen Victoria who honored him with 'Sir' title. Id the person in qn
7. Purushan sets out for Delhi for his research, promising his mother to write to her wherever he is. On his way he finds a dead body, which he later identifies as that of Hari's. Purushan decides to go to Hari's house to inform his mother about her son's death. On his way he meets some of Hari's friends, and the character Hari in the film unfolds as the memories of these friends about him, mostly conflicting. They too join Hari in his journey. As they reach Hari's house, the small group that started the journey develops into a crowd of young men and they inform about Hari's demise. Plot of which movie?
9. His book Cochin Saga is considered an important source of historiography of Kerala.He is also noted for co-founding with his wife the Lotus Club in 1931. They opened the club to people of all races and genders, doing full justice to its objective of being "a club where men, women and children of all communities would have the opportunity of meeting together and cultivating mutual acquaintance and promoting good fellowship." Thus, the club became the first non white-exclusive club in the state. Id the person
11. This Malayalam movie was an adaptation of a French Play by Marc Camoletti.The original London production of the play opened at the Apollo Theatre in 1962 and in 1991, the play was listed in the Guinness Book of Records as the most performed French play throughout the world.This was adapted into a 1965 movie starring Jerry Lewis. Only other movie adaptations known (as per wiki) is in Hindi. Title of all version except the one in Hindi is same. Id