• Nothing new... to be replaced by Bing!
• “SUNNYVALE, CA and REDMOND, WA — 29 July, 2009 —
Yahoo! and Microsoft announced an agreement that will
improve the Web search experience for users and advertisers,
and deliver sustained innovation to the industry. In simple
terms, Microsoft will now power Yahoo! search while Yahoo!
will become the exclusive worldwide relationship sales force for
both companies’ premium search advertisers.”
• “Clusty queries several top search engines, combines the
results, and generates an ordered list based on comparative
ranking. This "metasearch" approach helps raise the best
results to the top and push search engine spam to the bottom.”
• “But what really makes Clusty unique is what happens after you
search. Instead of delivering millions of search results in one
long list, our search engine groups similar results together into
• “Stephen Wolfram is building something new -- and it is really impressive and
significant. In fact it may be as important for the Web (and the world) as
Google, but for a different purpose. It's not a 'Google killer' -- it does
something different. It's an 'answer engine' rather than a search engine.”
• ---- CEO and founder of Twine.com
• A Computational Knowledge Engine for the Web
• “Wolfram|Alpha's long-term goal is to make all systematic knowledge
immediately computable and accessible to everyone. We aim to collect and
curate all objective data; implement every known model, method, and
algorithm; and make it possible to compute whatever can be computed about
anything. Our goal is to build on the achievements of science and other
systematizations of knowledge to provide a single source that can be relied on
by everyone for definitive answers to factual queries.
• Ask Search Technology: Our ExpertRank algorithm provides
relevant search results by identifying the most authoritative
sites on the Web. With Ask search technology, it's not just
about who's biggest: it's about who's best.
• New theme