Questions 1, 6, 11, 12, 16, 21, 23, 25 are more than one answer type and carry 3 marks each.Other multiple choice questions carry 1 mark each.Rest all carry 2 marks each.Maximum marks 47.
1) Which of the following is not a feature of the Budget-2013?a) 10% surcharge on incomes over Rs.1 crore.b) Increase in sales tax on mobile phones whose cost is more than Rs.2000.c) Increase in excise duty on A/c restaurants.d) Zero excise duty on branded apparels.
2) Who among the following retired from his papacy recently?a) Johnson XIVb) Benedict XVIc) Johnson XVId) Benedict XIV
3)Who is going to succeed Hugo Chavez as the president of Venezuela?a) Hameed Karzai.b) Mohamed Nasheed.c) Nicolas Maduro.d) Daniel Mancini.
4) Which among the following states presented a zero deficit budget for 2013-14?a) Haryana.b) Punjab.c) Uttarakhand.d) Jammu and Kashmir.
5) The Nobel laureate and Gandhi peace prize winner who was in Kochi recently as a part of his ‘Semester at Sea’ voyage isa) Jimmy Carter.b) Desmond Tutu.c) Kofi Annan.d) Muhammad Yunus.
6)which of the following are going to be partners with Tata sons in it’s new Airline JV?a) Telestra Tradplceb) Air Malaysiac) Air Asiad) Telenor
7) A donkey travels the exact same distance daily. strangely 2 of his legs travels 40 kilometres and the remaining two travels 41 kilometres. Obviously 2 donkey legs cannot be a 1km ahead of the other 2. The donkey is perfectly normal. So how come this be true ?
8) Which Asian nation was the first to get a World Bank loan?a) Indiab) Chinac) Indonesiad) Japan
9) Which of the following is NOT a rating agency?a) FITCHb) CRISILc) CRRId) ICRA
11) Which among the following is the cause of recent tension between Italy and India?a) Reneging of a promise regarding Extradition of two persons.b) Poaching activities of Italians in India.c) Irregularities in a VVIP chopper deal.d) Hate speech by an Italian envoy.
12) Who among the following is at present the Deputy Governor of R.B.I.?a) K.C.Chakrabarthyb) Urjit R.Patel.c) Anand Sinha.d) H.R.Khan
13) Who is world’s oldest Marathon runner who ended his career recently?a) Balwant Singh.b) Sukhdev Singh.c) Fauja singh.d) Ramdev Singh.
20) A 1-metre stick is broken into two pieces at random. What is the length of the shorter piece, on an average?
21) Which of the following is true about much touted “Rajiv Gandhi Equity Savings Scheme”.a) The person should have a minimum income of Rs.10 lakhs.b) Must have invested in equity at least for 5 years.c) Must be investing in equity for the first time.d) Must have an income less than Rs.10 lakh.
23) Who among the following Indians won silver medal in Asian Cycling Championship recently?a) T.Ramana.b) Manorama Devi.c) Deborah.d) T.Ramani.
24) Who among the following have been appointed as Premier and President of Nepal and China respectively?a) Baburam Bhattarai, Le Kequiang.b) Khil Raj Regmi, Le Kequiang.c) Khil Raj Regmi, Xi Jinping.d) Baburam Bhattarai, Xi jinping.
25) Which of the following indicate the sports person and his corresponding unlawful activity correctly?a) Lance Armstrong, Murder.b) Oscar Pistorius, Murder.c) Lance Armstrong, Doping.d) Oscar Pistorius, Doping