Presentation from the Triangle Marketing Club event on January 31st at The Knowledge Tree in Raleigh, North Carolina.
Does being on Social Media make you easily distracted, impulsive, over-emotional? Do you engage in risky and self-destructive behavior? Does your multi-tasking become more like messy tasking? Do you sometimes feel the technology is disrupting your ability to get things done? Do conversations online seem to take a wrong turn because of missed social cues? Do you just sometimes feel like a “digital douche?"
Join Triangle Marketing Club in January as Social Media expert Grant Crowell shares his experiences of managing Attention Deficit Hyper Activity Disorder (ADD/ADHD) in multiple workplace environments, along with his research and findings gathered from top ADHD experts on how marketing professionals can be successful and happy working in a “Virtual ADD” world.”
What you'll learn at this event:
• The connection between Social Media and ADD – is there one?
• How to manage Social media use and still stay focused, organized, and effective with your professional responsibilities.
• How to learn the hard-to-find social cues in digital media, and make more thoughtful communications that lead to less misunderstandings, and better relationships.
• Stories from successful marketing professionals who've mastered their own ADD.
• Apps, tools and tips for how to manage ADD for a healthy and happy social life!
Grant Crowell is the Social Media Marketing Manager for Lulu.com and a Certified YouTube Audience Development Manager; and has worked in online video and social media for companies including Swiffer, Olay, CDW, Sears, Tubular Labs and the College Foundation of North Carolina. He is also the producer and host of the Super Socialize ME! show on SoundCloud – sharing "soft skills for a hard digital world" while managing ADHD.