•Course Platform : INFOSYS SPRING BOARD
•Duration of the Course : 27h 26min
•Progress of the Course : Completed
Name of the Mentors :
Ajeesh G P Vernon Cabral
Chaithra D0ttemance Byndoor.
OUTCOMES OF THIS COURSE
•Define new calculations •Define new operations
Introduction to computers
--> What does computers really do?
1)They perform simple calculations
2)Remember the calculations performed
--> Types of calculations performed?
“Good algorithm design is a crucial skill we will need to
Human vs Computer
•The good programming is measured not by the lines of code,but the amount of
functionalities been provide to make it efficient and making computation easy
•Programming language is artificial but human language is natural
•The problem should be made into sub tasks to perform quick
•IDE helps us to write better code as its has features
like auto correction, error detection, debugging etc.;
•The popular IDE’S:
4)Visual code studio
•In this course he used “Eclipse”-IDE
-->Loop is a feature that facilitates the execution of set of functions or
instructions repeatedly until a certain condition is fulfilled.
-->Java provides three types of loops:
-->Loops are also known as Iterating statements or looping constructs in java.
-->For and while loops are entry-controlled loops, whereas do-while loop is
an exit-controlled loop.
Loops in Java
Arrays in java:
1. Array is a collection of similar type of elements which has
contiguous memory locations.
2. Java array is an object which contains elements of a similar data
3. The elements of an array are stored in a contiguous memory
4. It is a data structure where we store similar elements .We can
store only a
5. fixed set of elements in a Java array.
Strings in java
1.Strings ,which are widely used in Java programming, are a sequence of characters.
2.In Java programming language, Strings are treated as objects.
3.The java platform provides the String class to create and manipulate strings.
4. String methods:
• int length(): Returns the number of characters in the String.
• Char charAt(int i): Returns the character at ith index.
• String toLowerCase(): Converts all the characters in the String to lower case.
• String toUpperCase(): Converts all the characters in the string to upper case