Is Social a fad?
Will Social repeat this “disruptive technology”
history in Business?
• Mid 1980’s – No reason for a “personal computer”.
• Mid 1990’s – No reason to connect to the “Internet”.
• Late 2000’s – No reason to access “Social Networks”.
• Early 201o’s -No reason to bring your own “personal devices” to work.
• Today – No reason for CXO to be active on “Social Media”.
The Social Media Industry is not helping.
The Social Reality for Business.
Your Employees are already on social
Your Customers are already on social
Your Community stakeholders are on social
Your Customer’s customers are on social
Your Partners are on social
Your Future Employees are on social
Your Future Customers are on social
You’re already on Social ?
Are you driving Your Social Strategy ?
The Brand Reality
What does the 1st page of Google say about your brand?
The Social Reality – Google Page 1
“Case Study – Me – 5,030 search results”
The Social Reality
How much are you investing in promoting & protecting your
The Reality: The 1st page of Google is your brand
• Google searches & indexes comments in Social.
• Your brand is impacted by all comments– both negative & positive.
• First page of Google for your brand is what counts as your brand.
• Comments on Social networks influence Google’s rankings.
The Social Reality
Implications of not managing Social?
• Surrender your online brand perception to anyone in social media who
cares to have a voice?
• Squander your efforts to build brand values and brand equity?
• Failing to effectively connect your corporate values with the community,
customers and employees?
Are you optimising your ROI ?
The Customer Journey has changed
Across B2B and B2C Social is playing a major part
B2B are Actively Deploying Social
• B2B firms are actively using a range of social
• 83% of B2B buyers research online before
making a purchase decision.
• Perceptions of CxO re Social Media is not
aligned to the facts of how successful B2B
businesses are using it.
Global Investment in a Digital World
Where the investment is going
Benefits of Digital / Social Investment
Impacts the bottom line:
• Customer Sat
• Lead generation
Opportunities Exist Across Ecosystem
Challenge is to prioritise
SOCIAL SALES / REVENUE
PRODUCT / SERVICE IDEAS
(Customers, Partners, Media)
INSIDE & OUTSIDE
BRAND PROMOTION /
an ongoing journey
• Single strategy
• Social assets
• Integrated into
• Process based
• Managed content
Establish Enhance Evolve
Customer Support Connect
Data into sales
Owned & Earned