AI Understanding Humans
Dr. Gopal Sakarkar
Incharge, CoE in AI&ML ,
G H Raisoni College of Engineering ,Nagpur
• Alexa is an intelligent personal assistant developed by
• It is capable of voice interaction, music playback, making
to-do lists, setting alarms, playing audiobooks, and providing
weather, traffic, and other real time information, such as
• Alexa can also control several smart devices using itself as
a home automation system.
• Echo's brain is in the cloud, running on Amazon Web Services so it continually
learns and adds more functionality over time.
• The more you use Echo, the more it adapts to your speech patterns, vocabulary,
and personal preferences.
• Echo has been fine-tuned to deliver crisp vocals with dynamic bass response.
• Echo provides hands-free voice control for Amazon Music, Prime Music, iHeartRadio,
• Plus, Echo is Bluetooth-enabled so you can stream other popular music services like
Spotify, iTunes, and Pandora from your phone or tablet.
What is Amazon Echo exactly?
Wait, it isn't that simple
Alexa is powered by two powerful frameworks the Alexa Skills Kit and The Alexa Voice Service
Alexa Voice Service (AVS)
•Alexa Voice Service (AVS) helps the developers to add Alexa to new devices.
• From smart speakers to mobile phones to cars and too smart home appliances.
•The AVS makes it easier to build and launch the Alexa enabled products.
• Some key features to use the Alexa voice service is
1.It has the natural voice control.
2. It is always getting smarter.
3. Easy to integrate.
4. Free to use
Alexa Skills Kit (ASK)
•Alexa Skills Kit is a Software Development Kit(SDK) that enables the developers to
design the frontend part of their skill or conversational applications for Alexa.
HTML, CSS, etc.
• Alexa skills are like apps.
• You can enable and disable skills, using the Alexa app.
• Skills are voice-driven Alexa capabilities
• Alexa Skills Kit (ASK) is a collection of self-service APIs, tools, documentation, and code
• We will use ASK to create a skill, define intents, define slots and connect to our
Slot(s): Optional parameter(s) to the action.
• Slots are basically variables in utterances.
• To define a slot you first need to create a custom Intent in your skill.
• A slot define by writing it in curly brackets.
• While creating a new custom intent, you provide a name and a list of utterances that
users would say to invoke this intent.
• what is the horoscope
• get me my horoscope
• tell me the horoscope
• how's my horoscope today
Amazon Elastic Compute
Amazon Elastic Container Service