Healthcare has many parts
§ Dosing is complicated
§ Physicians, pharmacists, phlebotomists,
nurses, pathologists, scientists, IT…
§ Diverse teams are critical
§ DoseMe is exactly the same
VP Global Sales
Marketing & Comms
VP Sales & BD (US)
Dr. Robert McLeay
CSO & Founder
Clinical Customer Support
Dr. Liz Cooper-Williams
Results Physiotherapy, Founder
Entrepreneur & Angel Investor
Founder of Pipe Networks
QA & Release
Computer Science + X
§ Four-fifths of our technical team have a
core skill, plus X. Same for our commercial
§ We’re currently head-hunting another
member – their background? CS + X.
1. Be interested (not in $$$)
– and not in just one skillset.
2. If you’re easily discouraged,
then maybe you should be?
3. Freedom and flexibility
4. Be willing to do something new.
5. A little bit of madness helps…
My (Mixed) Background
• High school – OP 4*: French, Science, CS
• 2002-06: B Sc. (Hons) / B InfTech
• 2006-2009: Worked in IT, bored
• 2009-2012: PhD (Bioinformatics)
• 2012: Started MBBS*, founded DoseMe.
• 2014: DoseMe was funded.
Future job readiness
• CS + X or X + CS? X + Y.
• Don’t do one thing – be multi-skilled
• Do it well, but as part of a team
• Academic achievement is only step one
• Advisors, mentors, networks
• We all (especially students) have lots
of time to figure it out – enjoy the journey