Lean Six Sigma Voice Of The Customer - GoLeanSixSigma.com
Voice Of The Customer
Gain A Better Understanding Of The Voice Of The Customer
• The Voice Of The Customer
(VOC) is your customer’s needs
and their perceptions of your
product or service
• Customers decide if a product,
service, or process is effective
• Processes design should focus
heavily on Voice Of The
Customer and customer
What is the Voice Of The Customer?
Who Are Your Customers?
• Customers: The recipients of products/or services from a
• It’s important to deﬁne customers by a speciﬁc process
• Are there external customers or internal customers or
• Common internal customers are: Human Resources (HR)
and Information Technology (IT)
• External customers: people outside the organization that
receive products or services
What Are Customer Requirements?
• Customer cues are comments that state a possible need or
requirement. These are examples of common customer concerns:
Who Are Your Stakeholders?
• Stakeholder: Anyone who has a vested interest in
how a process performs but they do not receive
products or services from the process
• Stakeholders can be managers, owners,
shareholders, or external suppliers
• Stakeholder buy-in can be critical to the success of
• It’s important to reach out and communicate
regularly with stakeholders
Start Improving Today.
Get your free Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Training by visiting
Register For Your
Free Lean Six Sigma Training