SEMICONDUCTOR (P) LTD
Submitted to: Submitted by:
Mr. Rishabh Sharma Bhagvan Lal Teli
Assistant Professor ECE Dept. IVYear ECE- B
Industrial Training Seminar
• About Cadbridge semiconductor
• IC & Classification
• VLSI introduction & objective
• VLSI design flow
• VLSI application
• VLSI companies in India
• How can we placed in cadbrige semiconductor
• IEEE paper implemented , improved & work
on by me.
• CADBRIDGE SEMICONDUCTOR is a emerging company in electronics
• Corporate office - greater Noida .
• Branch office - jalander ( Panjab) , jaipur ( Rajasthan)
• To support a multicultural environment and make it our business
to hire, inspire and develop the very best people in the
Area of work
• PCB Design
• Digital security lock
• Image processing
• ARM KIT
• AVR KIT
• FPGA Board design
• CPLD Board design
• DSP KIT Design
Arm kit Avr kit
What is Integrated Circuit?
Integrated Circuits contains several transistors fabricated
on a single chip.
VLSI introduction : Objectives
• A VLSI (Very Large Scale Integration) system
integrates millions of “electronic components” in
a small area (few mm2 few cm2).
design “efficient” VLSI systems that has:
• Circuit Speed (high )
• Power consumption ( low )
• Design Area ( low )
• Digital security lock
Any thing we needs chip
This is the crucial step as it will affect the future of
the product. Here, vendors may want to get
feedback from potential customers on what they are
• Instruction set
• Interface (I/O pins)
• Organization of the system
• Functionality of each unit in the system, and how to
communicate it to other units.
3. Design architecture
• This is where the main work starts. With the help of
the specification sheet the target IC’s architecture is
decided and a layout for same is created by design
engineers using EDA tools.
EDA Tools :
• Synopsys – astro
• Xilinx - ise design suite
• Cadence - encounter digital ic design
4. RTL coding
RTL - register transfer level.
• This implies that the VHDL/VERILOG code
written based on the architecture describes
how data is transformed as it is passed from
register to register.
RTL coding tools
• xilinx ise,
• HDL TurboWriter
• Not case sensitive.
• Difficult to learn.
• Based on pascal & ada.
• Strongly typed.
• Case sensitive.
• Easy to learn.
• Based on c.
• Not strongly typed.
HDL – Hardware Description Language
A programming language that can describe the
functionality and timing of the hardware.
Types of HDL
• VHDL ( Very high speed integrated circuit Hardware Description Language)
• SYSTEM VERILOG
5. RTL Verification
RTL simulation and verification is one of the important
step. This ensures that the design is logically correct and
without major timing errors. It is advantageous to perform this
step, especially in the early stages of the design.
RTL verification tools
• Verilog - XL
• Xilinx ise
This is where the design now start to get physical. Logic synthesis
is a process by which the desired circuit behavior i.e. Register
Transistor Level is turned into a design in terms of logic gates
which drives the circuit or architecture.
• FPGA (Altera,digiland,xilinx)
• CPLD ( altera , digiland )
Field programmable gate array (FPGA)
• It is a IC which can be be programmable by user to capture the logic.
• Capable to capturing 100,000 designed gates.
The design is sent for Fabrication for mass
production to foundry .
How can we placed in CAD BRIDGE
o DIGITAL ELECTRONICS
o VERILOG (VLSI)
o IMAGE PROCCESING
o EMBEDDED SYSTEM
o PLC SCADA
o POWER ELECTRONICS
o Wireless communication
FULL TIMEPART TIME
Knowledge about any following area
IEEE Research paper I have
• Area-Efficient 3-Input Decimal Adders Using Simplified
Carry and Sum Vectors.
• A review of clock gating techniques.
• A Pipelined 8to 10 bit Encoder for a High
• VLSI implementation of adders for High speed ALU.
IEEE Research paper I have improved
• Design of High Speed Area Optimized Binary
Coded Decimal Digit Adder and Multiplier .
• Area-Efficient 3-Input Decimal Adders Using
Simplified Carry and Sum Vectors .
• VLSI implementation of adders
for High speed ALU.
Research paper on which I am working
• Area and Power Efficient Viterbi Decoder for Storage.
• VHDL design of lossy DWT based image compression
technique for video conferencing.
• Faster and Energy-Efficient Signed Multipliers.
• FPGA IMPLEMENTATION OF LOW POWER PIPELINED 32-
BIT RISC PROCESSOR .
Vlsi is suitabale for fabrication of larger number
of components on a single chip.
VHDL/VERILOG is used for digital circuit designing
and to validate the design and check the design