Check how many people know Service Cloud – especially Console Ask about time spent on round-robin assignment
Ensure Service User is checked – check what else permission is needed for Salesforce Console.
All objects that support Queues are part of Omni-channel routing. Omni-Channel currently supports routing for the following objects and records. Cases Chats SOS video calls Social posts Orders Leads Custom objects
Routing Model - https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=service_presence_routing_options.htm&type=0
Explain 2nd point with an example – Available for Email Cases, Available for Phone Cases Developer Guide - https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.omni_channel_dev.meta/omni_channel_dev/service_presence_soap_api_intro.htm Talk about some use case – moving users to different queues. Also mention about test coverage issues. Live Agent vs Omni-channel for chats - https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=live_agent_and_omni_compare_routing.htm&type=0&language=en_US&release=206.9 Omni-channel Ideas - https://success.salesforce.com/ideaView?id=08730000000LhH1AAK, https://success.salesforce.com/ideaView?id=08730000000LhGwAAK, https://success.salesforce.com/apex/ideaView?id=0873A000000cO7EQAU
SOS (in general distress call, originally Save Our Ship) - https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=sos_intro.htm&type=0 Snap-ins - https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=snapins_chat_setup.htm&type=0
Omni channel - Salesforce Developer Group Bengaluru
▪ Enabling and Setting up
– Create Omni-channel objects
– Set Routing Configuration
– Set access to Presence Statuses
– Add the Omni-channel widget to Salesforce Console
▪ Omni-channel Supervisor Beta!
▪ Q & A
Automatically route any object that can be put into a Salesforce queue
directly to agents.
▪ Key features include the ability to:
– Create work items from records (leads, cases, chats, sos calls),
using Service Channels.
– Route work items to available, qualified agents based on priority
– Define a routing configuration to account for prioritization and
agent capacity. Associate it with existing Queues.
– Allow agents to define their availability with Presence statuses.
▪ BEFORE enabling omni-channel, ensure you have..
– Access to Salesforce Console
– Created a console App
– Some Queues created
– Case/Lead Assignment Rules defined.
▪ Enable Omni-channel
– Its free, no need to raise case to Salesforce to enable.
▪ Create Service Channels – turns objects to work items
– One Service Channel per object
▪ Create Routing Configuration – defines how work items are routed
– Overflow Assignee New!
– Routing Priority
– Routing Model – Most Available, Least Active
– Work Item Size – Units of Capacity, Percentage of Capacity
– Connect the Queue to Routing Configuration
Service Channel & Routing Configuration
▪ Create Presence Configurations – define how much work agents can
take on and what Omni-Channel behaviours they can access
– Automatically accept requests
– More settings on Decline Requests
▪ Create Presence Statuses – to indicate if the agent is available or not
available to receive incoming work
– Status Options – Online, Busy
– Service Channels
– Assign to users through Permission Sets or Profile. 7
Presence Configuration & Presence Status
Add Omni-channel widget to Salesforce Console
In the desired Console App, add the widget under ‘Choose Console
Test it and rock n roll!
Omni-channel Supervisor Beta!
▪ Real-time information about your Omni-Channel agents, queues, and
work are streamed live into the panel
▪ Filter, sort, drill down to see details – all without leaving console.
▪ Enable the tab – change the visibility to ‘Default On’
▪ Add the tab to Console app.
▪ Service User
▪ Console app
▪ Enable Omni-channel and other settings
▪ Add to the ConsoleApp (under ‘Choose Console Components’ section)
▪ Permission Set
– Go to Console app
– Login to Omni-Channel – make yourself Available
– Create a case and assign it to a queue which you are a member of
– See if the Case gets assigned to you automatically.
▪ Cannot deploy!
▪ Different Presence Status will not route to
different Queues within the same object
▪ Works with Salesforce Console only
▪ Doesn’t work with CTI
▪ Capacity - Close tab NOT close Case
▪ Capacity – Calculated for Cases assigned
through Omni-Channel, not manual
▪ Automate more using Omni-channel SOAP
▪ When using Omni-channel for Chat
– Can’t use direct-to-agent routing
– Can’t use chat conferencing
– Can’t use supervisor whisper messages and
▪ Check Ideas (& vote).
▪ More powers to Omni-channel for Chats
▪ Route phone cases (CTI )
▪ Less (or no) coding for Lead/Case/Custom
object assignment logic.
You can find me at @goabhigo &