• This unit requires a written element in which
candidates are expected to develop a personal
investigation based on an idea, issue, concept
or theme that should then be linked with
practical elements and lead to a finished
• Written materials should be no less than 2000
words and no more than 3000.
• A curator can often have sole responsibility
for the acquisition and care of objects. The
curator will make decisions regarding what
objects to take, oversee their potential and
documentations, conduct research based on
the collection and history and share that
research with the public and polymath
community through exhibitions and
• You are a curator for a photography exhibition
with the theme ‘colour’.
• You must select 3 photographers and their work
to display in your exhibit – you must provide
relevant information about the photographers
life/work and specific pieces of work. Why have
you selected them and why do they belong in the
same show ?
• You must also create an exhibition space and
show floor plans for the exhibit which map out
how the work will be viewed and why.