Successfully reported this slideshow.
You’ve unlocked unlimited downloads on SlideShare!
KNOW YOUR COMMUNITY –
KNOW YOUR WORLD
Central Asia (Heart of Asia)
Connecting South and East
Asia with Central and Western Asia.
Covers 251,773 Sq Miles.
The country is the 41st largest in the
world in size
COUNTRY QUICK FACTS
• Full name: Afghanistan
• Population: 33.4 million (2012)
• Capital: Kabul
• Largest city: Kabul (Population)
• Major language: Pashtu and Dari
• Major religion: Islam
• Life expectancy: Male: 48.68, Female: 51.05
• Monetary unit: Afghani
• Main exports: Saffron, carpets, Dry fruits, wool,
cotton, and Fruits.
• GNI per capita: $470 (2011)
• Silk Road
• Asian Crossroad.
• subject to invasion. (over the centuries) by the Persians, Greeks,
Arabs, Mongols, Tartars, Russians and British
• Written History 500 BC
• Archaeologist 50,000 BC
• Urbanization 3000 BC
• During the 7th century AD, Arab
Muslims brought Islam to
Afghanistan's modern roots are in the
Durrani Dynasty, founded in 1747
by Ahmed Shah Durrani.
Born 1722 & Died
Loya Jirga: A traditional political meeting held to select
• First British Invasion :1839-1842
• Second invasion 1878 to 1881
• Third invasion May 1919-Aug 1919
1. Highest point: Nowshak, 24,557 ft.
LANDFORMS OR HISTORICALLY
2. Lowest point: Amu Darya: 846 ft.3. Climate: Depends on various part of the country.
arid, semi-arid, cold winters, hot summers.
No. English Pronunciation Pashtu
1 Hello. Sa-lam سالم
2 My name is… Zma nom …. de. نوم زما....دی.
3 Good bye Da – khudai – pa - amaan امان په خدای د
4 I am from … Za - da … sakha - yam. د زه...یم څخه
5 Thank-you. Manana مننه
6 You’re welcome. Sha - Raghlast راغالست ښه
7 I love you Sta - sara – meena - laram لرم مینه سره ستا
8 Please Lothfan لطفا
9 How are you? Sanga yaast? یاست؟ څنګه
10 Excuse me Wa - bakh - sha وبخښه
11 I am sorry Maa – wa - bakh - sha وبخښه ما
12 Do you speak……? Taso pa…. khabari kawalai
په تاسو.....شی؟ کوالی خبری
13 Yes Ho هو
14 No Na نه
49 languages and dialects.
Pashto and Dari are the national languages.
LEADER: Dr. Ashraf Ghani
VOTING AGE: 18
CURRENT EVENTS OR KEY ISSUES
• Uzbek and
• Extended Family & Nuclear Family
• Social Behavior
Hospitality is essential aspect of Afghan culture. No matter who you are, if you visit a home you
will be given the best the family has. you will be offered snacks and your tea glass will be
constantly filled. When you have had enough cover the glass with your hand and say “bus”
• Getting Ready for school (6:00 AM to 10:00 AM)
• Saturday to Thursday
• Play with friends
• Mostly Extended family-
• No indoor Pets
• Picnics with family,
visit relatives, parks, zoo.