Google Marketing ToolsGoogle Marketing Tools
byby Varju LucenoVarju Luceno
“Try not to become a man
of success, but rather try
to become a man of
• It takes just 10 minutes to set up a blog
• company blog can become a powerful
marketing tool for any small business
• It can be used as a website or a platform
• Google keeps adding new features
• embedding a YouTube video to your blog
is a breeze
-Arthur C. Clarke
• You don’t need to keep guessing how
visitors arrive at your website, how
much time they spend on it, and
whether they ever come back.
• Add Google Analytics to your website
code to keep an eye on your web
• Discover whether the majority of your
web traffic comes from search engines
or referring sites.
• Find out which keywords are being
used to get to your site.
“Statistics are like
bikinis. What they
reveal is suggestive,
but what they
conceal is vital. ”
• Would you like to keep an eye on your
competitors or specific small business
topics you would like to write about?
• Set up Google Alerts, indicate which
topic, person or company you would
like to be alerted about and how often.
• Alerts will come straight to your Inbox.
“The larger the island
of knowledge, the
longer the shoreline of
-Ralph W. Sockman
• Can’t get enough of social
• Google Groups enable users to start
their own email discussion groups as
well as message boards.
• Browse archives and gain new
knowledge or find a group that
matches your interests.
“The Internet is
town square for
the global village
• Keep your marketing projects on track
with Google Calendar for your
• You can publish your Google Calendar
on your website or share it with your
associates, family and customers.
• Planning events? Keep track of RSVPs
with the easy web-based interface.
• Use Google Forms to create sign up
forms and surveys.
“ Time is the wisest
counsellor of all.”
• To help your customers and prospects
find you, create a profile for your small
business on Google Maps.
• Your business listing requires
verification, therefore it will take a
couple of weeks for your listing to
• You can embed a Google Map with
your company location to your website
• Set up your Google My Business
“If you don't know
where you are
going, you will
probably end up
-Lawrence J. Peter
• Teach a class or provide information
about your products and services
immediately by utilizing Google
Hangouts, a Google approach to
• You can chat with all of your Gmail
contacts in real time.
“Always be shorter
than anybody dared
• Start your own online marketing
campaign by signing up for Google
• Campaigns can be turned on and off
any time you desire.
“Doing business without
advertising is like
winking at a girl in the
dark. You know what
you are doing, but
nobody else does.”
- S. Henderson Britt
• Google AdSense will create/match
ads to your site's content.
• You will earn money when your site
visitors click on them.
• You must have a launched website with
acceptable content and valid URL as
well as a valid payee name and mailing
address to apply.
• A GMail (Google) account is required
for all web-based products described in
“Follow your passion,
and success will follow
- Arthur Buddhold